Honored Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

What a reunion show! 

They are casting in NOLA now; we will see D.C. January 1st. Well, I'll be DVR'ing because here Jan 1 means bowl games! Smiley Wink

It went as I expected. Deonna and Greg are the couple the show is meant for. I really do think the "experts" choose couples they think will have a good chance, but I also KNOW they pick some for ratings and controversy. 

Iris and Keith are having dinner together every week. I would not be surprised if they get back together. I do think the producers made her virginity the whole focus of their relationship. And I doubt if that's the way things are now. 

Jamie and Beth have already moved to San Francisco - because Beth wants to be a talk show host! LOL! I'm not sure about that, but I think there's a good chance she already has something lined up. Look at how many former Bachelor franchise contestants have radio shows or podcasts, and a few of them are on TV, like Ali F. I still think they acted their way through too. Who would stay with someone who repeatedly said horrible things about them? 

Matt and Amber - Matt doesn't NEED the money, and he may not be "crashing" on a buddy's couch, but he is living with a few of his friends. I still think he was set up too. He said he knew right away there were no sparks, but he was hoping some would grow. Maybe he did. We all know he's not ready for marriage, but I don't think he's as bad as they made him look either. Luke isn't. Next season we'll see a Luke or Matt, or a Molly or Ashley! They need to keep things interesting to keep the controversy going!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

What a reunion show! 

They are casting in NOLA now; we will see D.C. January 1st. Well, I'll be DVR'ing because here Jan 1 means bowl games! Smiley Wink

It went as I expected. Deonna and Greg are the couple the show is meant for. I really do think the "experts" choose couples they think will have a good chance, but I also KNOW they pick some for ratings and controversy. 

Iris and Keith are having dinner together every week. I would not be surprised if they get back together. I do think the producers made her virginity the whole focus of their relationship. And I doubt if that's the way things are now. 

Jamie and Beth have already moved to San Francisco - because Beth wants to be a talk show host! LOL! I'm not sure about that, but I think there's a good chance she already has something lined up. Look at how many former Bachelor franchise contestants have radio shows or podcasts, and a few of them are on TV, like Ali F. I still think they acted their way through too. Who would stay with someone who repeatedly said horrible things about them? 

Matt and Amber - Matt doesn't NEED the money, and he may not be "crashing" on a buddy's couch, but he is living with a few of his friends. I still think he was set up too. He said he knew right away there were no sparks, but he was hoping some would grow. Maybe he did. We all know he's not ready for marriage, but I don't think he's as bad as they made him look either. Luke isn't. Next season we'll see a Luke or Matt, or a Molly or Ashley! They need to keep things interesting to keep the controversy going!  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom   Unfortunately some people do stay in horrible relationships like that so I'm not really sure that Jamie and Elizabeth were simply acting. I have a family member who's in a relationship almost like theirs. They say horrible things to each other, break up, get back together, get in fights, call the cops, break up, get back together, etc. That's not a normal relationship and I have no idea why people like that would ever stay together but for some reason they think they're meant to be together.

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204  They probably stay together because they know no one else would put up with their cr@p. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom If Iris and Keith are having dinner every week, I hope that they each have a handle of what the other feels.  For instance, Keith may be trying to be nice, feels bad about not staying together.  She may think that she has him where she wants him and is still holding out the carrot on the stick, so to speak Woman Wink.  

I wonder if Beth gets a gig as a radio host, will she give away some of the "secrets" of the show or if she is sworn to secrecy by way of contract. 

I have to wonder if Matt didn't go to the producers after the wedding and tell them there was no attraction and he wanted out.  Perhaps they offered him and Amber more $$ to stay and make drama.  She was smiling during some of the interview.....maybe she was in on it all, too.  That picture of Amber with Luke, maybe she was getting pointers on how to act at being the "bad couple" LOL.

Scratching my head.  All I can say, if everything you wrote is true, and I am not doubting it, those couples were still acting....except Greg and Deonna....during that reunion show.

JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@HSB1204  They probably stay together because they know no one else would put up with their cr@p. Woman Wink

@tends2dogs   That is very likely! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 - How sad you have a family member going through this. I know they say love is blind, but in today's world I would hope no one would put up with being treated like that. 

I still think Jamie and Beth were "in on it." Maybe they really did argue a lot, but would they carry it to that extreme - like flipping tables? IDK, but the producers "may" have suggested some actions to them for drama and ratings. 

@tends2dogs - You said it all! I agree about Iris and Keith. Maybe he DOES want to keep it just friends. I think the producers originally hoped they would make a good match - one of them a virgin, but two good looking people. They overdid the virgin theme. I can see them prompting Iris to mention it time and time again. But maybe the thing with the lemonade was real - IDK. Time will tell!

I think you're right about Matt and Amber. I wonder if they recruited him to be on the show, since they do recruit some of the couples. Maybe or maybe not. I do know this: I had read an article that said Raven was supposed to be one of the couples, with "Maitlin" as his match. His grandparents' marriage was arranged, and he thought it could work. The article said Amber did not know him. The producers felt bad for him and put him on the show in some capacity. (I still haven't watched the wedding episode back to see if her was there!) . BUT THEN - I read a post-show interview with Amber (because so many people want them to get together). She said they applied together and have known each other since they ran cross-country together in high school. She also said there would never be a romantic relationship between them. Go figure! 

I don't think Beth can talk about the show for a while because of contracts. Or at least she will have to say whatever the producers approve. She will say what we've all heard he say before about their marriage. I believe it's not for as long as Bachelor franchise NDA's, but as outspoken as she is, it will be interesting to see! They are already settled in San Francisco.

Greg and Deonna - just love seeing them together!

I do believe parts of this show are real, and parts are not. I think at the beginning of the series, with Dr. Pepper, Dr. Joseph, and Greg, most of it was "real." I remember one of the grooms saying how hard it was with camera lights everywhere, and Jason saying in an interview how hard it was for them dealing with his mom's terminal illness. Vaughn (Monet and Vaughn) hated the filming process and wanted to remain private after it was over. But now, since the show is on Lifetime, they are concerned about the ratings. That's why they look for couples in the cities they're filming in and talk them into applying with others who are legitimate in their applications. 

Why am I so interested in all this? I like to figure things out for fun. I was one of the original Bachelor franchise "sleuthers." Then Reality Steve happened and there was nothing for us to do! He hasn't gotten to this show yet! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom   Yes, I don't get it. I don't understand how people can call each other horrible names and then five minutes later all is forgotten.

I'm sure a lot of what Jamie and Beth were doing was scripted to create drama and increase ratings. I would certainly hope they're not really like that in real life or else I can see why they never managed to find a spouse on their own! Some of it like the table flipping was a little over the top. A lot of their arguments were ridiculous and if your fuse is that short you shouldn't be in a relationship. Like when Jamie said that he wanted to get to know Beth better and suddenly that turned into a huge argument where he moved out. Who does that unless the producers tell you to?

The show has definitely gotten a lot more dramatic with time as if they feel like they can't get enough ratings by actually just filming the couples without the scripted drama.

Honored Contributor

It's terribly unfortunate that manufactured drama sells,   I'm one who is not in that targeted market and I have a feeling a lot of you are in that same boat.

I wish stuff could just be straight-forward.   There are rewards there and entertainment value too, IMO.    But I guess we're in the minority.  

Respected Contributor

It is fair to assume all of the individuals signing on arrive with bad habits in their interpersonal behaviors and attitudes.  The directors may say "show how you would have handled this in previous relationships" for the drama.  At the same time, the couples are receiving a lot of counseling off camera. 

It seems to me, Jamie and Beth made the most of learning about themselves and each other in this process, a rocky road but not without a lot of highs with those lows.  They could be a solid success if they stay on top of their worst inclinations.  What I liked about both of them is their willingness to set aside their stubborn need to be right for the good of the relationship.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It's terribly unfortunate that manufactured drama sells,   I'm one who is not in that targeted market and I have a feeling a lot of you are in that same boat.

I wish stuff could just be straight-forward.   There are rewards there and entertainment value too, IMO.    But I guess we're in the minority.  

@chickenbutt - So true! The target audience wants to see the drama, but I wish they would do it as you said!

@HSB1204 - Another thing that made me skeptical about Jamie and Beth: I saw an outtake from the race car scene. The two of them were standing next to each other laughing, and the others were laughing and smiling. This was right after the "scene where Jamie blew up at Beth." Smiley Wink