Trusted Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

Like many of you, I am not looking forward to 5 couples and 2-hour episodes. If they still do that stupid Unfiltered show before it, that is too much time to spend on this nonsense.

I fell asleep before the last 20 minutes or so, but don't think I missed much. There was something weird about the way Amber told Matt to, "own it, boy" when he was asked about dating or having sex with anyone outside of his "marriage." Matt's knowing the match wouldn't work from the beginning was the same as Luke last season. 

I am glad that Keith finally got Iris off his back when he said he didn't think they would ever get back together. I think her attempt at being sexy so Keith would realize what he could have had was dumb - she looks much prettier with her natural hair.

I liked Beth's darker hair and am glad she covered her top up. I don't think they will ever have a functional relationship, but if they did move away from her family, they might.

I continue to hope that Greg and Deonna will be fine. And now Sandy has a great yard to run around in.

We will see if I stick with the show. I have a feeling that 5 couples is just to give the show a little more chance of improving their married to divorce statistics.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1 wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@tends2dogs @chickenbutt  Couldn't agree with you two more.  I fell out of like with Iris quite a few weeks ago. In the beginning it looked like a match made in heaven.  Two gorgeous creatures. As soon as she threw out the "I'm a virgin" sing song, I figured it was over. I truly think sshe will be an old maid. Keith is so dang gorgeous ! Wow !! Matt is such a jerk, if I could have reached through my TV he would have left with a blackeye. How can he even continue to act like that is beyond me. Beth and Jaime ~ wish them luck and I would love to see Greg and Dee's baby. How adorable will it be? Heart

@pattypeep @tends2dogs @chickenbutt , you all said it so well in your posts. 

I wanted to reach through the TV and knock some sense into Iris.  She sure pranced in there like she was just "all that".  Both of them are very attractive people, except I felt Iris had quite the chip on her shoulder.  I'm glad Keith held to his beliefs as he would never please her and he knows that.

As for Matt, sitting there just putting in time and getting paid while acting all c o c k y and condescending made me want to smack him. 

I really wish these so called and I use this term loosely "pros" begin to sit back and realize what the results have been in the last few years.  I know it wouldn't be for me, but in seeing how this show has changed over the years, it seems all they want is drama and not what they say they want as in pairing couples for a life time of marriage.  And I've lost any respect I had for Pastor Cal with the way he treated Keith in the last episode.  He was out of line in so many ways.

@HisElk1  Remind me what happened with Pastor Cal & Keith in the prior  episode. .....

Keith soooooo made the right decision! Iris was snippy and defensive when he tried to explain how she was immautre with her intimacy. She kept bringing it back to her virginity, even though he explained that wasn't it!   I think she was attempting to make him look like that the bad guy- to save face maybe? No way was that happening with Matt around! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Yeah, Iris really turned out to be so different from how she presented herself initially.

I also noticed her strutting and obvious desire to get him back.  You blew it, girl, so move on.   She REALLY blew it, IMO, because Keith seemed like he would be a really good partner.

Honored Contributor

I thought Kevin Frasier was a little annoying the way he was badgering some of them.

He insisted on Keith giving him a yes or no answer not a maybe answer to him asking if there could be something in the future between them.

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@tends2dogs my apologies. I kept hearing them saying they were casting for New orleans, but I think @HSB1204 is correct maybe the next season is already filmed and New Orleans is in the stage of being filmed.

@DJs mom   No worries!  No matter where the show is from, I will most likely tune in.......kind of like a deer in headlights LOL.  I just hope we have a break before it starts up again.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I thought Kevin Frasier was a little annoying the way he was badgering some of them.

He insisted on Keith giving him a yes or no answer not a maybe answer to him asking if there could be something in the future between them.

Ohmygosh, @CelticCrafter , I loved it when Beth shut Kevin Frasier down.  He so deserved it.   I have never been a fan of his.

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114, as I recall from that episode (and this is just MO), once Keith let her know in a nice way that he didn't want to stay married, the look on PC's face was a "huh?" look.  Then after Iris pulled herself together and questioned him about why and he began to TRY to explain to her, PC interrupted him and said (this is my recollection) "cut the c r a p".

Then proceeded to ask him if it was because she didn't want to have secks with him and was he frustrated about that.  I really felt that he crossed the line by saying what he said to Keith.  Then when Keith is trying to be polite, he sat rolling his eyes and making faces.

To me, that was not professional.  Then he tells Iris at the end "You're worth it" or something to that effect.  Iris is the one who continued on and on and on about her virginity; not Keith.  Keith was trying to be as nice and courteous as he could, but PC wouldn't accept his explanation.  I lost any respect for him that episode.

He needed to be talking a lot more to Matt that episode about how he treated Amber rather than giving Keith a lecture.  After Matt saying last night that he knew after the first 15 minutes it wouldn't work, he should've talked to Amber AND the pros at that time.  Instead he played with her emotions for the next 6 weeks and still had a good time, only caring about himself.  Good riddance to him.

I hope my explanation helps @Ibby114 .

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Yeah, Iris really turned out to be so different from how she presented herself initially.

I also noticed her strutting and obvious desire to get him back.  You blew it, girl, so move on.   She REALLY blew it, IMO, because Keith seemed like he would be a really good partner.

@chickenbutt, boy that's an understatement.  She came in stutting her stuff didn't she?  That's the first thing I notice as she was coming down the hallway.  She's the one who blew it; Keith deserves an emotionally stable and mature wife; not her.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Like many of you, I am not looking forward to 5 couples and 2-hour episodes. If they still do that stupid Unfiltered show before it, that is too much time to spend on this nonsense.

I fell asleep before the last 20 minutes or so, but don't think I missed much. There was something weird about the way Amber told Matt to, "own it, boy" when he was asked about dating or having sex with anyone outside of his "marriage." Matt's knowing the match wouldn't work from the beginning was the same as Luke last season. 

I am glad that Keith finally got Iris off his back when he said he didn't think they would ever get back together. I think her attempt at being sexy so Keith would realize what he could have had was dumb - she looks much prettier with her natural hair.

I liked Beth's darker hair and am glad she covered her top up. I don't think they will ever have a functional relationship, but if they did move away from her family, they might.

I continue to hope that Greg and Deonna will be fine. And now Sandy has a great yard to run around in.

We will see if I stick with the show. I have a feeling that 5 couples is just to give the show a little more chance of improving their married to divorce statistics.

@Lisa now in AZ   I don't understand why they need 2-hour episodes for five couples. I'm watching the Danish version of the show and their current season has five couples. Each episode is only one hour (no commercials, though) and there are eight episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Ohmygosh, @CelticCrafter , I loved it when Beth shut Kevin Frasier down.  He so deserved it.   I have never been a fan of his.

@Wsmom Kevin was extremely persistent with his questions! I was also glad Beth didn't  buy into it- she deflected him perfectly.