Trusted Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

I was not surprised about Deonna and Greg as they have been good for each other from the start.  They are nice people with similar traits and they bring out the best in each other.  Glad that Amber and Matt decided to divorce as it simply was not a good match at all.  I do think she looked different after her wedding as she had no makeup on or had her hair fixed and maybe he then was not attracted to her. But I also think he is not ready for marriage. As for Iris and Keith, I liked them both too but Keith did the right thing. I think Iris had waited a long time and was now afraid to go further in the relationship and then have the marriage fail after waiting.  So it is good that Keith had the courage to follow through and say no,  In regard to Jamie and Beth, either they are good actors or they may soon break up anyway because they will be in for a rough stormy marriage and who really wants that.  

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Yes, @HSB1204, they bury the previews for MAFS in that stupid millionaire show, so I just wait until someone posts what they were since I will not watch that show.

Looking forward to the reunion. I wonder if Matt will get the third degree like Luke did last time.

@Lisa now in AZ   That is so annoying. Not that the previews are super important but I'd still like to see what's coming up (although the producers tend to edit the previews to make it look like there was drama when there wasn't really).

I certainly hope they ask Matt at the reunion show why he even signed up. He admitted that he wasn't ready for commitment so what made him think that he was? He must be a great liar since the "experts" thought he was compatible and ready to be matched with another applicant.

Valued Contributor

I think Matt's motivation is signing up was strictly financial.  He had no place to live.  He was sleeping on couches of his buddies.  

I think these "experts" should have seen joblessness on his part as a red flag.  Don't believe Amber would have ever married some one who was unemployed.  

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched every season, but don't they pretty much make sure to cast a total tool each season?  I mean if it weren't for Luke last season, would anybody have even been really talking about it?  This season, Matt's our guy.  It seems in seasons past they have cast other complete losers. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well the reunion show was certainly wasted time watching.  They should have stopped after they spoke with each couple.  The group discussion was strictly filler to add an extra half hour to the show.  

Matt showed up strictly for the $$ I am sure.  He played the jerk role to the very end.  

Could Elizabeth have worn a shorter skirt?  Anyway it sounds as if they stayed on the roller coaster even after the cameras left.  I would bet that they are relocating to get away from Beth's dad.  They really never showed the dynamics of that relationship during the 8 weeks.

Iris is delusional.  I feel for the next guy and the next and the next~  Keith made the right decision and I think he realized even more after the reunion show.  

I have to say that I was happy that Beth told the interviewer she wasn't going to answer some of his questions.  I mean how many times do we have to watch that stupid race track fiasco? She said they were putting that stuff behind them.  I also thought it was stand up of her to not repeat gossip she heard from her friends about Matt.  What good would it have done?

Glad it is over. 

Okay, are we watching Washington D.C.?

Maybe we will meet again when the new season begins. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs the next season is in New Orleans.

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom   I wonder why they said Washington D.C?  At least I think that is what they said LOL.  I may be losing my mind OR my hearing!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Well the reunion show was certainly wasted time watching.  They should have stopped after they spoke with each couple.  The group discussion was strictly filler to add an extra half hour to the show.  

Matt showed up strictly for the $$ I am sure.  He played the jerk role to the very end.  

Could Elizabeth have worn a shorter skirt?  Anyway it sounds as if they stayed on the roller coaster even after the cameras left.  I would bet that they are relocating to get away from Beth's dad.  They really never showed the dynamics of that relationship during the 8 weeks.

Iris is delusional.  I feel for the next guy and the next and the next~  Keith made the right decision and I think he realized even more after the reunion show.  

I have to say that I was happy that Beth told the interviewer she wasn't going to answer some of his questions.  I mean how many times do we have to watch that stupid race track fiasco? She said they were putting that stuff behind them.  I also thought it was stand up of her to not repeat gossip she heard from her friends about Matt.  What good would it have done?

Glad it is over. 

Okay, are we watching Washington D.C.?

Maybe we will meet again when the new season begins. Woman Wink

Yes, the reunion show was way too long.

Iris had way too much makeup on. I prefer the more natural look on her. But yes, Keith made the right decision although she apparently thinks he's the problem. There really is something wrong with her if she thought they could work through her intimacy issues.

I don't understand why Matt went along with it for so long if he knew from the minute he saw her that it wasn't going to work out. Why not just walk out of the wedding and be honest instead of wasting everyone's time?

Elizabeth and Jamie are up to the same old drama. They broke up for four days because her dog was in the ICU? If that's all it takes for them to break up they'll have a long road ahead of them.

Greg and Deonna seem to be the only normal, stable couple.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@tends2dogs the next season is in New Orleans.

@DJs mom  They said Washington D.C on the show last night.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, they were very clear about DC on the episode from last night.  But, like many of you, i also remember seeing the promos where they were casting for New Orleans and it has been mentioned more than once.

This makes me curious as to what happened about NO.

As for the episode - As things went on I just felt less and less for Iris.  She doesn't get it on so many levels.  That she blames Keith for things additionally shows her immaturity.    She seems to think that the world revolves around her 'gift' and it makes it seem less and less like a gift and more and more like a chain around the neck.

Keith - He's not only a really good looking guy, but he seems like a good guy and I like good guys.  He could have gone on but I think one obstacle was her lack of recognition of her immaturity and he could see that more than any of us.   I like how they asked the other guys how they would feel if they were presented with the virgin situation.  

I really hope that Beth and Jamie keep on the right track because I do think they would be a good match and I like that they are making the effort to not be like they were during the taping of everything.

I'm also happy for Dee and Greg.   I like them for each other.

Amber - she has come a long way, I think, and is working hard on learning that she has value.  That can be a monumental task - trust me!   I think she is a nice person, a good person, and a giving person, and I wish her continued discovery and all the best.

Matt - Good grief.   This is NOT a good guy and he showed that in spades from the beginning to the end.  I like how everybody else was just shaking their heads at his behavior.    I guess there has to be 'this guy' each time around but it is disheartening, because it hurts others and that's bs.

I can't even imagine how they get through this.   It's not just like any two people getting married when you marry somebody you just met and the optics are nowhere near the same.  So much more to get through that it has to be more difficult than we can imagine.