Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,625
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?


@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

@beach-mom, I interpreted that the teacher intervention for Amber was based on social media that was happening at the time of filming. Matt was obviously cheating and involved with other women and they were just pointing that out to Amber. The scene with Amber and Raven was, as you said, obviously staged and probably filmed a few times.

 

I didn't get to see that preview of the reunion show, but if it was all just Iris and Keith, I am fine waiting for next week. I understand that they have seen each other since Decision Day and maybe they can be friends. Perhaps if they met and dated the real way, they may have found a match, but the way this show does it, it puts too much of an artificial spin on things, especially with Iris' "prize." Plus, she is and was way too socially immature for him. Gorgeous, though!

 

Hi @Lisa now in AZ ! I was just going by what I knew about Luke and what I'd heard before. The couples sign an agreement that they cannot disclose anything about the show during filming without the permission of the producers. Most can just say something like, "I got married," and change the subject. I think they're allowed to tell a few family members. That's why Luke's former co-worker, who DD knew in college, said when the guys teased him during the show's airing, he would just smile. During the filming they knew nothing. The producers had no need for them, because Luke's friends did not work at his full-time job with him. I imagine, like The Bachelor franchise, there is a certain time period after the show they can't disclose what really happens. But that can come to an end. I'm not at all sure about how that works. I do know Luke is making appearances on behalf of the show, as he was spotted in NC with Amber (see below - someone who lives in NC took the picture)! 

 

Amber's co-workers could have picked up on things based on how she was acting, and maybe going off by herself crying or something, but Amber herself could not discuss anything going on during filming last spring. 

 

 


 

 

      

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,625
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?


@Tends2dogs wrote:

Did anyone else see the 20 minute clip preview from the reunion show?  It was on around 10:30 last night.  It was the segment with Keith and Iris.  I won't spoil it, but Iris is one bitter girl.  She doesn't have a clue how important an intimate relationship is.  She is still holding onto the "prize" and the worthy recipient.


@Tends2dogs - You said it so well! Looking at the preview another thing I picked up on was the way she told Keith. She just kind of "guess what. . .?" I personally think the producers were hoping they could be a lasting couple, with the ratings draw of her being a virgin. But they overdid it! How would any young girl in this situation tell someone she was serious with? IMO she wouldn't make a joke of it. She would say something like, "I have to tell you something," or something like that. And how many would blurt out, "I'm a virgin"? I think most would say something like, "I don't have any experience," or something like that. IDK. Whether that was Iris herself, or the producers directing her to say it like that, I think that was an immature way of handling the situation, and I can see why Keith reacted the way he did.

 

I also think this is not the end of them. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,082
Registered: ‎09-29-2015

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

@ibb38, after watching that segment, IMO, Iris is still not getting what Keith is trying to say.  I don't think she's emotionally ready nor mature enough to be married.  I mean, counseling?  WTH?   She's the one who needs some counseling IMO.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 787
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

@beach-mom, hi back! I know that the people aren't supposed to discuss the show, but remember when Kate's friends went digging online and on social media and dug up those things about Luke maybe being gay? I think the same thing happened with Amber. I am guessing 1) that she didn't exactly keep everything a secret and 2) her friends did the same thing, especially when there were days that Amber stayed home and was obvioulsy very unhappy. I would be surprised if she didn't use her married name since she was s happy to be married and I bet they just went looking for information. Either way, they had to see how miserable she was and they tried to help her.

 

However it was done, I am glad she had the dignity to say very clearly, "I want a divorce." (Even though "on paper" they were perfect for each other).

 

I finally saw the reunion preview, but it was mostly just Keith and Iris. There was a little clip at the beginning where Donna says

Spoiler
Our family is growing. That COULD mean that she is pregnant or maybe Sandy is!!
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,625
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?


@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

@beach-mom, hi back! I know that the people aren't supposed to discuss the show, but remember when Kate's friends went digging online and on social media and dug up those things about Luke maybe being gay? I think the same thing happened with Amber. I am guessing 1) that she didn't exactly keep everything a secret and 2) her friends did the same thing, especially when there were days that Amber stayed home and was obvioulsy very unhappy. I would be surprised if she didn't use her married name since she was s happy to be married and I bet they just went looking for information. Either way, they had to see how miserable she was and they tried to help her.

 

However it was done, I am glad she had the dignity to say very clearly, "I want a divorce." (Even though "on paper" they were perfect for each other).

 

I finally saw the reunion preview, but it was mostly just Keith and Iris. There was a little clip at the beginning where Donna says

Spoiler
Our family is growing. That COULD mean that she is pregnant or maybe Sandy is!!

@Lisa now in AZ - Social media is a thing, for sure! I agree that Amber did the right thing asking for a divorce, however it happened. But I don't think Matt is the monster he was made out to be. I think it was all for ratings.

 

According to DD's friend, Luke is not gay. 

 

The reunion looks interesting Smiley Happy

 

Spoiler
I agree with you - I think it's probably Sandy who is growing, or they will get her a little brother or sister! Did you see Kevin Frazier corner Beth, and Beth lose her temper? 
Valued Contributor
Posts: 787
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

@beach-mom, yes, I saw that part where she got all mad, but don't know what set her off. Usually Kevin Frazier is a true professional, so I wondered what it was. Should be an interesting show! I wonder why she colored her hair dark brown? I liked her hair on the last couple of shows and thought that was a nice color for her.

 

I never thought that Luke was gay - he just wasn't interested in Kate and she didn't want to take no for an answer. But, I disagree about Matt. I think he was a total jerk and while he wasn't attracted to Amber, he couldn't even commit to trying for 8 weeks.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,625
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?


@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

@beach-mom, yes, I saw that part where she got all mad, but don't know what set her off. Usually Kevin Frazier is a true professional, so I wondered what it was. Should be an interesting show! I wonder why she colored her hair dark brown? I liked her hair on the last couple of shows and thought that was a nice color for her.

 

I never thought that Luke was gay - he just wasn't interested in Kate and she didn't want to take no for an answer. But, I disagree about Matt. I think he was a total jerk and while he wasn't attracted to Amber, he couldn't even commit to trying for 8 weeks.


@Lisa now in AZ - We will agree to disagree about Matt! It will be telling to see if he does anything else for the show, like appearances around the country. If not, I will concede to you! Smiley Wink

 

Someone who grew up with Matt said that wasn't his house they showed in the episode and he didn't run away from home when he was 16. His parents sent him to a boarding school that specialized in training basketball players!

 

Who knows??? I don't think IRL Matt is anywhere near ready to settle down. 

 

I'm just so skeptical because of the way these shows spin things. It's all about the ratings. I remember reading about a bride way back in the earlier seasons that was crying all of the time because of the way her "husband" treated her. One of the camera operators became very upset and wanted to do something. An associate producer told him, "Let her cry. The more she cries the larger your meal ticket will be." Sad but true. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,195
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?


@Tends2dogs wrote:

Did anyone else see the 20 minute clip preview from the reunion show?  It was on around 10:30 last night.  It was the segment with Keith and Iris.  I won't spoil it, but Iris is one bitter girl.  She doesn't have a clue how important an intimate relationship is.  She is still holding onto the "prize" and the worthy recipient.


@Tends2dogs 

I didn't see it --- wish I had!  During the decision show, she seemed very sad and distraught, which, I am sure she was.  And at the cookout afterwards though, from what they showed, she seemed pretty composed and let him reveal the outcome.   I think when any relationship goes sour for whatever reason there usually is some bitterness but I agree with you.  It seemed from what we saw that Keith was a good guy and she said she was "holding out" for marriage --- well --- she seemed like she had a good match and she seemed to genuinely care for him and he for her, so what else was she waiting for????  I think now that she has held onto this idea of saving herself for so long, that she does not know how to let it go, and have an intimate relationship with a partner that she cares for and who cares for her.  It's sad, really, and I think that she would benefit from some type of one-on-one counseling to get past this.  She is standing in her own way for happiness!   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,257
Registered: ‎11-24-2011

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?


@HisElk wrote:

@ibb38, after watching that segment, IMO, Iris is still not getting what Keith is trying to say.  I don't think she's emotionally ready nor mature enough to be married.  I mean, counseling?  WTH?   She's the one who needs some counseling IMO.


@HisElk 

 

Watching the preview I thought Iris took a very accusatory tone. As in "didn't I do this right......didn't I do that right....I did it all right and you still don't want me when all we needed was a little counseling".  I don't know how he manages to stay so calm responding to her.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,323
Registered: ‎05-08-2010

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

Iris has held out so long and built this up so much that I don't think she will ever be "ready" without some sort of professional help.  If anyone was going to be slow and gentle, understanding and kind about this whole process, it was Keith.  She missed a great opportunity.  Keith said more than once that he didn't want to be the one to be put in the position of being the first for her. 

 

Yes, the way she told them on their wedding night - kind of sing songy, I'm a virgin......very immature.