Respected Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

@tends2dogs wrote:

Yes, the reunion show is 2 months after decision day.  The clip showed Iris and Keith walking in with arms linked and big smiles on their faces.  She has on a tight red dress and her hair is straightened.  She looked quite se#y.  Maybe things rolled along after the cameras rolled out??  Beth's hair is black or really dark brown in the preview.  

Pastor Cal's facial expressions during the decision reveals was something else.  Yes, you could tell how he was on Iris's side.  I think when Iris told Keith about swallowing the quarter that was the turning point for him.  Oh, and the dice game.  He must have thought OMG I have married a girl child.  She has arrested development.  As one person said, she is delusional.  It is too bad that she thinks the only thing she has of value to give a man is her virginity.  Hopefully she will get therapy.

For some reason I never get to see previews of next week's show anymore. Maybe they're hiding it within that "Marrying Millions" show so that I'm forced to watch that to see the preview.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, @HSB1204, they bury the previews for MAFS in that stupid millionaire show, so I just wait until someone posts what they were since I will not watch that show.

Looking forward to the reunion. I wonder if Matt will get the third degree like Luke did last time.

Honored Contributor

I finally caught up with the finale!

Matt and Amber - totally acted. Her teacher friends would not be pulling her aside, as she cannot comment on anything while they are FILMING the show! Her friends would not see how it was until the show aired - unless the producers decided to use them during filming, as they did once or twice. They treated Matt the same way they treated Luke last season. The two of them probably realized early on they were better as friends. I would bet they showed up at the apartment just for filming on nights and weekends.  

Amber's "best friend" Raven also tried out for the show, but wasn't selected. Go figure! Anyway, someone said that he really doesn't know Amber. He was just used by the producers to do the few scenes he did. I'll have to go back and watch the wedding scenes and see if he's there. A lot of people want him and Amber together! 

Deonna and Greg - so happy! Each season they select a couple that they really think has potential, but with no drama they could have the "Danielle and Bobby" effect, or the possibility of the show being boring and that's not what most people want to see, and what's good for ratings, so they have to shake it up. . .

Which brings me to Jamie and Beth. I think they probably found out about Beth during the interview process and knew they had a winner in the ratings game! A daddy's girl, who is into some unusual practices like drinking moon water, would be the perfect one. I think she and Jamie fell for each other early on, so the producers spun their story to make it "look" like they couldn't get along. I saw so many examples of this, including last night, when we would hear Jamie or Elizabeth speak, but they cut to the experts - we didn't SEE them. The words were spliced in. They actually used the same line Jamie said when he and Beth had a fight in their apartment! 

I agree with @Lisa now in AZ that Keith checked out. That whole "virgin" thing was over the top IMO. Remember his MOTHER told him on his wedding day? Yeah, that's as producer driven as Matt and Amber's "groom dance with his mother" (who wasn't there of course). I do think they were hoping these two would stay together. 

I've heard whispers that Keith and Iris are still close. I think the way he looked at her last night said a lot, and add the fact that Iris didn't seem to be too broken hearted after what he said. IDK!

Bring on NOLA!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Just watched the decision day show.  I was happy with the majority of the decisions.  I was so relieved when Amber said -- divorce!  Thank goodness --- I was worried there for a minute.  He acted horribly.  Afterwards, at the cookout, when Elizabeth confronted Matt, I thought --- perfect -- what she said was perfect.  He was so totally ignorant.  And before, when he and Amber were at the house packing up their things and he just took the pictures off the fridge and tossed them in the trash -- oh, man--- heartless.  I can't even print the word to describe him!  So glad that they all stood up for Amber and confronted him.

I felt bad for Iris.  She is very rigid in many of her ways, but she seems a very good, kind and carng person.  I think she and Keith could have been a wonderful couple.  I wish she could have loosened up a bit more.  

Can't wait for the next show to see how they are doing! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone else see the 20 minute clip preview from the reunion show?  It was on around 10:30 last night.  It was the segment with Keith and Iris.  I won't spoil it, but Iris is one bitter girl.  She doesn't have a clue how important an intimate relationship is.  She is still holding onto the "prize" and the worthy recipient.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs  Yes, I watched it this morning. My dvd had recorded it and I noticed it in "my shows". I was glad that I caught it. Iris is bitter, agreed. Did she think that Keith was so infatuated with her that he would take a chance on not getting intimacy for another year waiting for her? OMG. I think he checked out when she found the three remaining condoms in his stuff when she was being nosey. Calling a young, healthy, single male a nymphomaniac? Good grief! 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom, I interpreted that the teacher intervention for Amber was based on social media that was happening at the time of filming. Matt was obviously cheating and involved with other women and they were just pointing that out to Amber. The scene with Amber and Raven was, as you said, obviously staged and probably filmed a few times.

I didn't get to see that preview of the reunion show, but if it was all just Iris and Keith, I am fine waiting for next week. I understand that they have seen each other since Decision Day and maybe they can be friends. Perhaps if they met and dated the real way, they may have found a match, but the way this show does it, it puts too much of an artificial spin on things, especially with Iris' "prize." Plus, she is and was way too socially immature for him. Gorgeous, though!

Honored Contributor

So did the  nutty acting red haired lady stay married to the guy she fought with all the time? I  found her embarressing and obnoxious.

Honored Contributor

@DustRose wrote:

In glad Iris held out.   It seemed X was the deal breaker. Didn't help Amber and Matt   On the other hand it wasn't a deal breaker for Jamie and Doug

I read Keith and Iris both agreed to not be intimate on camera because they both work with kids

So maybe that's why she was reluctant to participate in the dice game

We only see  what the producers show us

As some one posted - that's my 2 cents

If that was the case neither should have applied to be on the show.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Kud2o82ZI

Interesting !! Only the 1st 12 minutes or so is the actual reunion preview.