Esteemed Contributor

IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

I have watched the first couple episodes on On Demand.  I didn't finish watching the "wedding night/meet the in laws" episode. I had to turn it off and go to bed.  I will finish watching it though.  I did get as far as the meal with Elizabeth's parents and her husband.  There is some kind of sick relationship between Elizabeth and her dad.  Do you think this stuff is staged?  I wouldn't want to pretend that I was this possessive or perverted for ratings.  His wife just sat there smiling and agreeing with her husband. 

I didn't think I would get sucked in again this time, but ..........

Anyone else admitting they are watching ? Woman WinkWoman Embarassed

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

I am, although after last season, I swore I was done! Yes, I think much of what we see if highly scripted/produced. That is the only way I can handle some of this nonsense. 

That said, I don't know if "the experts" vet the families. As disturbed as I was by last season's Luke and Kate, this time with Eizabeth the exhibitionist, and her sceevy father are actually sicker to me.

I don't have a strong feeling yet about any of these couples, other than Elizabeth and Jamie will never make it. Once they get home from the honeymoon and she is back to work with Daddy, they don't stand a chance.

Respected Contributor

As much as I hated last season, yes, both DH and I are watching.  I agree about Elizabeth and her father - very strange relationship.  And the mom just sits there and smiles/laughs. 

I think once the honeymoon is over, things will not be that great for them.  She is going to be running to daddy when Jamie does or says something she doesn't like.

As for the other 3 couples, only the next few episodes will tell.

Honored Contributor

Yes, this season should be pretty good. 

Honored Contributor

Yes. I like all of the couples so far, although I didn't like Elizabeth at first. I'm looking forward to this season.

@tends2dogs - Yes it is staged. I've known that for a while because of some comments Kortney (Season One) made. Also, last season I posted here that DD had a college friend who worked with Luke. She said he's really a nice guy, and they had to be telling him to act a certain way. He took a lot of teasing at work, but couldn't say anything. Also, DD heard he's dating a brunette. 

IDK - Some of these couples have worked out (I think about 4 or 5 now) and two other "grooms" have found love with people who worked on the show. Nick has twins with one of the crew members, and Jon is engaged to Dr. Jessica, which is probably why she's not back. 

This season they seem to be playing the "virgin" card with Iris, and the "crazy, Daddy's girl" card with Elizabeth. Should be interesting! But I don't for a moment believe this "reality" show is completely REAL! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Elizabeth and her father appear to have an strong emotionally incestuous relationship.  They are so comfortable with it they don't see how it comes across. There'll be no room for a husband unless dad and daughter "divorce" -- I don't know if mom doesn't seem to have the ego strength to assert herself between them or even if she tried it is probably far too late.   

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love this show! 

Respected Contributor

I'm watching too!

I agree about Elizabeth and her dad. What a strange and creepy relationship. The things her dad said to Jamie at the breakfast were so weird. I'm sure a lot of the show is scripted but I don't know how they decided to pair up Jamie with Elizabeth. Her dad is so clingy and they seem way too close. If I were Jamie I would have already run away. There isn't going to be any room for him whatsoever.

I don't know about the other couples yet. Obviously we've seen in the preview that they're all going to have some drama but who knows whether or not they'll work out?

Honored Contributor

Well I’m on my IPad right now and I hate typing on this thing.

But I will say I found some in teresting things about some of these people from last season.

I’ll come back tomorrow when I’m on my laptop to discuss some of what I found.  Some of it is maybe old news.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This show often surprises me in that conflicts start so soon, even before the honeymoon is over.  I often wonder why it is the couples seemingly spend very little time in long and deep conversation asking questions at length, saying things like "tell me about your early life, what did you like to study, how do you spend quiet time, what foods do you love, what do people do that annoys you?"  There's a lifetime of formed personality to share.  I'd want to stay up all night talking!

They seem to wait for knowledge of the other to evolve but it comes too slow.  Irritations fill the void, feelings are hurt, there's nothing to hang onto.