Honored Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE WATCHING MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT?

Looking forward to next week when on their honeymoon they start to argue and dislike one another.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Plus, @HSB1204, Keith's mother kept asking him if he knew the significance of a white dress? He's a guy - I am sure white to him is the same as it is to most people - cream, ivory, etc. are all just "white." Most brides pick the shade of white that looks the best on their skin. Again, director instigated. But, Iris looked gorgeous. They are a beautiful looking couple. I hope it works for them. I think they stand a chance more than any of the others so far.

Just like the pretend drama of paging Matt's mother for the mother-son wedding dance. They knew she wasn't there.

@Lisa now in AZ   Yes, I also thought it was weird that Keith's mom asked Iris about her white dress. The producers probably told her. I know they've never had a virgin on the show before but even if you suspected that there was probably a meaning behind the white dress, who asks a woman who's pretty much a stranger if it means something?

The mother-son wedding dance was so staged it wasn't even funny. I was getting kind of annoyed when the DJ kept asking for Matt's mom to come up and dance with her son. The producers knew she wasn't there but it seemed better to humiliate him and embarrass him in front of his bride and her family. It was also convenient that all of a sudden each bride/groom was having one-on-one breakfast with their spouse's family when they knew Matt's family wasn't there.

@Lisa now in AZ  and @HSB1204  - Totally staged. I'm sure Keith's mom was told to tell him so the cameras could film it. 

As far as Matt's family, if you remember in Season One, Kortney's family was not there either. She (was told to make up) made up some story about how they couldn't be there because of schedules and they weren't sure about this, etc. Jason flew to meet them near the end of filming when they knew they would make this a real marriage (well - at least for 5 years). The real reason they weren't there? They didn't want to be on TV. I imagine Matt's family might feel the same way. His mom and others probably don't want their personal lives splashed all over the show! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Plus, @HSB1204, Keith's mother kept asking him if he knew the significance of a white dress? He's a guy - I am sure white to him is the same as it is to most people - cream, ivory, etc. are all just "white." Most brides pick the shade of white that looks the best on their skin. Again, director instigated. But, Iris looked gorgeous. They are a beautiful looking couple. I hope it works for them. I think they stand a chance more than any of the others so far.

Just like the pretend drama of paging Matt's mother for the mother-son wedding dance. They knew she wasn't there.

@Lisa now in AZ   Yes, I also thought it was weird that Keith's mom asked Iris about her white dress. The producers probably told her. I know they've never had a virgin on the show before but even if you suspected that there was probably a meaning behind the white dress, who asks a woman who's pretty much a stranger if it means something?

The mother-son wedding dance was so staged it wasn't even funny. I was getting kind of annoyed when the DJ kept asking for Matt's mom to come up and dance with her son. The producers knew she wasn't there but it seemed better to humiliate him and embarrass him in front of his bride and her family. It was also convenient that all of a sudden each bride/groom was having one-on-one breakfast with their spouse's family when they knew Matt's family wasn't there.

@Lisa now in AZ  and @HSB1204  - Totally staged. I'm sure Keith's mom was told to tell him so the cameras could film it. 

As far as Matt's family, if you remember in Season One, Kortney's family was not there either. She (was told to make up) made up some story about how they couldn't be there because of schedules and they weren't sure about this, etc. Jason flew to meet them near the end of filming when they knew they would make this a real marriage (well - at least for 5 years). The real reason they weren't there? They didn't want to be on TV. I imagine Matt's family might feel the same way. His mom and others probably don't want their personal lives splashed all over the show! Smiley Wink

@beach-mom   I never saw the first season. I think I only started watching from the second season. But yes, I can imagine that some people do not want to be on TV and they shouldn't really have to just because someone in their family chooses to be.

I think it's kind of funny how much drama they create on the US version of the show. The show was originally created in Denmark and with the exception of season one I've watched all of the Danish seasons. Their show is 20-25 minutes (no commercials) and there is little to no drama. Yes, of course people argue and disagree and some marriages don't work out but it's nowhere near as drama filled as over there.

Respected Contributor

I know height should not matter but putting the basketball player with a very short girl was unnecessary.  Hard to believe there was not a tall girl applying who was sincere. I know that there are a lot of tall men with short girls.  This is not just a tall man....he is 6' 9" and she is below average in height.   I just think there could have been a better match.  Who knows.....this may be a match that will work great.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I know height should not matter but putting the basketball player with a very short girl was unnecessary.  Hard to believe there was not a tall girl applying who was sincere. I know that there are a lot of tall men with short girls.  This is not just a tall man....he is 6' 9" and she is below average in height.   I just think there could have been a better match.  Who knows.....this may be a match that will work great.  

Must be the height difference doesn't bother them.  They seem to be hitting it off quite well!  They have quite a bit in common and are quite relaxed around each other.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone else watch the honeymoon episode?  I found Iris to be quite immature.  It did come out, however, that she has "some" experience with the opposite s~x , just hasn't gone "all the way".  I am surprised that they haven't kissed very much, but he said he wouldn't rush anything. 

I found it odd that Elizabeth ended up having her "monthly" during the honeymoon so therefore they didn't consumate their marriage.  I guess when the producers say Roll it!  it doesn't matter if it is convenient timing or not.  I think they have the possibility of making it.  I thought it was funny when her husband asked her what her dad called her and she said Elizabeth.  He said he would call her Beth.  That dad will give them trouble whether it is scripted or not.

The other couple (you can see that I don't remember the names yet) that went zip lining are having a difficult time getting comfortable with each other.  He is trying too hard and getting on her nerves. 

Time will tell.......can't believe that I am watching this again LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

Nope!

Respected Contributor

If Iris hasn't tied her identity too tightly to her virginity, she and her husband have an excellent chance to make a good marriage.

The couple who went on the line ride might make it if they relax, they are both intense in different ways.  She has waited so long, I really want to see her have a positive experience with him.

Elizabeth and ?, doubtful he can tolerate her long enough to find the adult inside.

Tall and short?  I think he's unsettled in ways that she doesn't know yet.  There's something about him that is off.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm still watching. I guess there hasn't been too much drama yet.

I thought it was kind of weird when Elizabeth asked Jamie if he wanted kids. He said he most likely didn't and she agreed and yet, they had both told the so-called experts "Yes, but later". I thought that was sad. You're in your 30s and you can't just admit that you don't want kids? What if they had been paired up with someone who wanted lots of kids? That's a pretty big deal.

Trusted Contributor

Anyone else thinj the scene with Elizabeth and Jamie was scripted when they could not find each other for lunch so they were waiting for each other.  It didn't make sense to me that neither one used their phone to call.  That was a sad example of staging their first little tiff.  I don't know whether any of these couples will stay together but the one with the best chance is probably "tall and small."