Honored Contributor

Re: IS ANYONE HERE WATCHING ""24"" ?

esmerelda he did say that he works for whomever pays the highest. I think the said it two times.

gardenman, if you get the chance you should go back and start from the beginning and watch the old 24. It was excellent!

That's why so many of us are crazy about this 24 because the beginning was amazing and it got better and better every year.

When we heard (I'm sorry, I'm speaking for some others) that only Kiefer could play Jack Bauer. No one would accept anyone but him.

Trusted Contributor

gardenman, the first two years of 24 were really good. Great writing, things that required thinking and planning on the teams involved. For me, after that, the show went downhill fast. I was happy to leave the show when Jack retired and left the first time. So far this year, I really am not finding it a must-see event.

Honored Contributor

My son-in-law is giving me all of the 24's. From the very beginning to the very end!

I cannot wait to sit and watch it. I still remember parts of it. My late husband (he died in late 2004) and I used to sit together and watch it.

It was one of the few shows where he didn't get upset that the character did 'stupid' things! Ha!

It will be fun to see fashions and how they've changed.

He said, "You want shows from the beginning? Are you sure? Do you realize how many that is?"

I said, "Yes and thank you very much". (Me smiling).

I tend to like shows that (for the most part) males seem to like. I can sit and watch people get the #$%^ beaten out of them but if anyone even acts like they are going to hurt any animal I will change the channel.

I don't like shows where bodies get cut up or things like that but shows like "Sons of Anarchy".

Honored Contributor

Well, all I can say is that I hope SOMEONE sweet talks Keifer into at least one more season of "24". {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Throw a lot of money at him, give him stunt doubles ... whatever the guy wants. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Tink.....you are sooooo right. I vote for that too.

Respected Contributor

I would love to see this continue, but somehow I think it won't. I hope I am wrong. Love the show.

Honored Contributor

I think they'd have to give him a lot of money. But even with that (based on a lot of the interviews he's done) he'd make it so another actor (probably a woman, the interviewer interjected) would do a good portion of the shows.

Mainly, he said, because it takes a big toll on his body. I've seen a lot of interviews where he sat and talked about when he jumped out of this window or ran down that and he'd say, "See that right there? That's hen I sprained this". Things like that.

So I don't think it would just be about the money, unfortunately, because then they could just give him a lot of it.

Honored Contributor

Has Donald Sutherland ever appeared in a ""24"" ??

Respected Contributor

I have watched pretty much from the beginning and I don't think his father has been on the show.

I just hope this is the not end, but how long can Jack go on........

Respected Contributor

Reluctantly, and with regret, this is a 24 speculation.

Die Another Day is the 24 Swan Song.

When the originial show concluded we saw Jack walking away. There was no conclusion, closure.

It was predicted there would be a 24 movie in the making and that never transpired. What did eventuate was this 12 series program.

Die Another Day is the end of Jack Bauer. Final closure for the series.

Hopefully, this speculation will be wrong.