Honored Contributor

INTELLIGENT YOUNG VIEWER GIVES HER COMPREHENSIVE TAKE ON THE FUGITIVE TV SERIES

This popped up when I was hunting for the free streaming video of this week's episode of "The Fugitive".

It's rare and fun to get a very engaging new viewer's response to the series.  She bears the surprising name of "Jerome",  and watched the entire series with her parents, so had the advantage of input from people who were contemporaneous with the show.  (Yes, her mother was in love with Kimble....)

Brand new viewers wanting background info, old hands, anyone can enjoy this review!   Some of her reactions are interestingly the same as those in our little Fugitive discussion group here on the boards--  @twinsister ,  she shares your concern with Kimble's lost suitcases, for example!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnP6sDc54eQ

She makes one or two mistakes, which our obsessed group would readily identify, but for the most part, is a smart, shrewd, thoughtful purveyor of all things "Fuge".

Due to time constraints, I'm watching in small chunks-- have just gotten to the section where she discusses the many guest actors who would later have big careers on both small and large screens...

It's a very fun and worthy lengthy review, however you manage to wedge it in over time!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: INTELLIGENT YOUNG VIEWER GIVES HER COMPREHENSIVE TAKE ON THE FUGITIVE TV SERIES

@Oznell  - Wow - what a great find!! I will start watching as soon as I can,

LOL - about his suitcases!

Thanks for sharing it.

Honored Contributor

Re: INTELLIGENT YOUNG VIEWER GIVES HER COMPREHENSIVE TAKE ON THE FUGITIVE TV SERIES

Yes, I'd love to get your reaction,  @twinsister .   I've finished watching it.  She puts in lots of pictures too, which is fun.

And, @Pearlee ,  here's another example farther on in the video of where she echoes something one of us (you) said.  Remember when you were struck by Gerard, scolding the vendor for commercializing the event when Kimble was on the verge of being possibly captured, in the "squabbling 2 older guys" episode?  She really liked that, too.

And like me, she made a point of saying how much she liked Lin McCarthy over the couple of episodes he was in....

Honored Contributor

I just watched that. Thanks for posting the link @Oznell

For those in our group who have never seen the 2 part ending, she gives a spoiler warning. PLEASE stop watching there because the reviewer does give everything away and I hope you who haven't seen the ending watch it rather than have her spoil it for you by telling you about it.

This woman does a very good job but lost some credibility with me by naming some of her favorite episodes such as the 1st part of the Sister Veronica one and the John McGiver / John Fiedler one which are certainly not my favorites.

I had to laugh when she mentioned Kimble could at times be snarky and gave his "not all of it" line to Gloria Graham as an example! 😄 And yes, the disappearing suitcases. 😄

I enjoyed this and agree with most of what she said. But again, please don't watch after her spoiler alert near the end if you haven't seen the ending!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think she gives that spoiler alert to wave anyone off who didn't want to get wised up to the ending.

I found myself agreeing with some of her faves, not with others.  She liked the sail-making one with Susan Oliver, which does seem to be a real crowd pleaser, for me too!  I liked seeing Kimble sort of happy and carefree with a caring sweetheart, even though it didn't last!

One blooper was when I think she said she thought they never had him in Hawaii or Alaska, and of course one of my faves was when he sailed up to Alaska in that freighter!

But overall, a nice tape and good to see generation after generation discovering the Fuge...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Just watched and enjoyed it!  She did a good job and it was nice to see someone from a younger generation become a fan.   As I have said before, I don't remember any of the episodes, so I liked her showcasing all the famous stars that appeared on the show.  I was surprised at some, like Angie Dickinson and Roy Thinnes (I'm enjoying The Invaders every week) and look forward to seeing those episodes.

Thanks again for sharing this with us Fuge fans!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. I meant to say earlier that I thought of you when Jerome mentioned Gerard's boss in a positive comment, as you have done. If I remember correctly from past Fuge reading I've done, he was only in seasons 1 and 2 (in 13 episodes altogether as Jerome pointed out.)

And thanks for remembering I had commented too about Gerard objecting to that food vendor turning the hunt for Kimble into a circus atmosphere with man's life at stake.

@twinsister. I hope nothing about the ending was spoiled for you by watching this.
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee - Thanks, but it didn't spoil anything for me.  I do remember the ending since I saw it maybe last year on ME TV.

Also, I forgot to ask you, do you remember Nan Martin being in an episode of Columbo? I just saw that one Saturday night, but it is not a favorite.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister. No, offhand I don't although I remember her being in a lot of things back then. Which Columbo?
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@twinsister. No, offhand I don't although I remember her being in a lot of things back then. Which Columbo?

@Pearlee It was the episode set in a movie studio and she was the secretary to a young film maker.