Honored Contributor

Re: IMO Eileen Davidson just snagged a best actress daytime emmy for Y & R

@Msfitness wrote:

@kelsey17 I read that the actor that plays Kevin will be going to General Hospital.  I liked him too. 

@Msfitness, that's incorrect.  

@kelsey17@Laura14,  Kevin Rikaart is going to Days of Our LIves, not GH, for a short stint in a limited role.   Why it matters is because they're both distributed by Sony and they have shared talent before.  So it doesn't mean he's leaving Y&R. 

Eileen Davidson started back at Days six months ago (Days tapes six months in advance, don't ask) and she's still on Y&R as she was last time she returned to Days.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Msfitness wrote:

@kelsey17 I read that the actor that plays Kevin will be going to General Hospital.  I liked him too. 

@kelsey17@Laura14,  Kevin Rikaart is going to Days of Our LIves, not GH, for a short stint in a limited role.   Why it matters is because they're both distributed by Sony and they have shared talent before.  So it doesn't mean he's leaving Y&R. 

Eileen Davidson started back at Days six months ago (Days tapes six months in advance, don't ask) and she's still on Y&R as she was last time she returned to Days.

Woohoo!  Thank you @LoriLori!  I am already overrun with OLTL people.  I don't need anymore castoffs!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate wrote:

@Laura14, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 😜😡

I'll second that @loveschocolate... And for heaven's sake, I keep hearing that the grossly over the hill Colin... is heading back to Port Charles, where he belongs... I wonder when we can expect that blessed event to occur...

I don't see YR and GH sharing front-burner 'talent', such as it is... The only reason Days and YR are able to, I believe, is because they both share Sony as the parent company. I could be wrong but I don't believe that GH is also a Sony program... Anyone know? Personally, with all the actors available and with so few soap operas, I've always thought it kind of ridiculous for ED to float back and forth between the two shows...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Msfitness wrote:

Woohoo!  Thank you @LoriLori!  I am already overrun with OLTL people.  I don't need anymore castoffs!

Neither do we... Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb, we posted at the same time.  You're right, GH is not Sony.  The reason ED is on both shows is because she plays iconic characters on both shows.  On Days she plays a beloved villain.  In the past on she's played this villain and six other roles played for laughs, including a guy, a nun, and an insane woman obsessed with Elvis Presley.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb, we posted at the same time.  You're right, GH is not Sony.  The reason ED is on both shows is because she plays iconic characters on both shows.  On Days she plays a beloved villain.  In the past on DAYS she's played this villain and six other roles played for laughs, including a guy, a nun, and an insane woman obsessed with Elvis Presley.  

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Let me start out by saying that I am not a crier, but she had me sobbing yesterday, October 13th.

Ashley is a very complex character with a lot of baggage, and finally the writers have given her this story line with Dina Mergeron. She knocked it out of the park! The embarassment, anger and intense pain that she suffered at the hands of Graham was so evident that I felt it, too. 

Eileen D. is such a beautiful woman, .although I did think that her sheer bodice gown was ghastly. That is a dress for a younger woman not so well enhanced. It looked terrible on Eileen and was so NOT Ashley

I'm so disappointed that Ravi dropped the ball and then was chatting Victoria up. Seriously. I think he's being written out because he did get a prime time gig from what I've read. It was so out of character for him to stand by and not defend and then abandon Ashley. The old Ravi would  have not left her side. Now is the time for Dr Neville to reappear, perhaps to work his magic on Victoria's TBI (traumatic brain injury), and then pick up with Ashley. 

Is this Mal Young's writing does anyone know? If so, I like it.

dee

@deedledeedeedle

"So not Ashley"?   Have a photo?   Eileen Davidson is an actress who plays Ashley.  Ashley is not a real woman who selects evening attire. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Msfitness wrote:

He will also be appearing on Days of Our Lives for mulitple episodes in 2018.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not like Ashley's dress for the big party. She is too beautiful and the dress was too plain for her!  Ravi needs to go. She needs a strong man in her life.

Also, Phyliss looked lousy too. They could have done so much better for their outfits. Most of them dress fantastic just day to day for the office.

They always dress Dina nice. Hilary's white outfit was beautiful. 

I am so tired of Abby walking around with her huge purse or a file in front of her. I think she is due with her real life baby in January. 

Honored Contributor

Eileen Davidson is one of the few shinning lights on the show.  Maybe she'll do double duty.

I've always enjoyed seeing her.  However, Y&R has done with her like they've done with so many other good actors, they (up until recently) have not given her a good story line.

You guys have heard me moan and groan about the wonderful boyfriends and husbands she's had over the years.  I used to love her story lines.

Like many of you, I'll never understand why they even brought Ravi into the show in the first place....they did nothing with him one way or another....

I can't stand the thought of Eileen leaving the show and I'm really sorry (but not really) @Laura14 to even think about who's it coming back (Colin).  I can't stand him.  Why can't he go away for good?  Why does he have to keep popping in?  Ugh!  He just loves that trouble maker/home wrecker Juliette.  Maybe they'll take that good for nothing son and all three run off into another soap....just go anywhere, just go away....all three of you...please....