Honored Contributor

IF YOU MISS "LIBEL" OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND DIRK BOGARDE, WEDNESDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM...

....I found out last night it streams live on youtube:

https://ok.ru/video/260808641187

Honored Contributor

Re: IF YOU MISS "LIBEL" OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND DIRK BOGARDE, WEDNESDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

YouTube is a wonderful source for classic movies.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IF YOU MISS "LIBEL" OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND DIRK BOGARDE, WEDNESDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Thanks for the info.  I just finished watching the movie on TCM.  I can't believe I never saw it before.  Great movie!

Honored Contributor

Like cottonball, I had never seen this film before.  Stranger, too, I had never even heard of it.

Last evening I viewed my recording of it (thank you, oznell), and, to be honest, I was not very impressed by it.  Yes, I was caught up (somewhat) in its mystery and storyline, but I found some facets difficult when it came to "suspending disbelief."  It was a strained premise.

All in all, I had a mildly nice time viewing it, but I was far from being moved deeply by it.  (Sorry if this sounds dismissive or snotty.)

I am still happy that I saw it, however.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it for what it was.  I'm not sure if that's the best way to explain.

If you haven't seen the ending, don't read this spoiler.

Spoiler

I didn't believe the resolution.  I kept waiting for him to really be the imposter. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.