Honored Contributor

ID Discovery fans - Gypsy's Revenge - Nov 6th

I'm looking forward to watching Gypsy's Revenge coming soon (11/6) on ID.  That was such a bizarre and sad story.  Anyone else planning on watching?

Honored Contributor

Re: ID Discovery fans - Gypsy's Revenge - Nov 6th

I don't know what the story is about, if it's just one story, but I do have it scheduled, and will look forward to it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I will be watching. I saw her story on another channel so I know the case and you are correct it was bizarre and sad. I cannot believe all her mother put her through. I am not defending the murder, but that mother was sick in the head to do that to Gypsy and fool the community like that. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

I will!

I recently read an article about the case and it caught my interest.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm looking forward to watching Gypsy's Revenge coming soon (11/6) on ID.  That was such a bizarre and sad story.  Anyone else planning on watching?

@San Antonio Gal I watched it when it first aired and all I am going to say is you will be surprised.  I don't want to spoil the outcome and looking forward to the conversation after you have watched!

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal I watched it when it first aired and all I am going to say is you will be surprised.  I don't want to spoil the outcome and looking forward to the conversation after you have watched!

@GAQShopr53- I didn't realize this is a repeat.  The way it's been advertised on ID, I thought it was a new one.

Honored Contributor

I didn't either!   It shows as 'new' on my guide AND it also says S1 E1, so I thought it was just a regular real crime show with episodes.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Is that the young lady that was forced to undergo multiple surgeries etc. by her mother?

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@GAQShopr53- I didn't realize this is a repeat.  The way it's been advertised on ID, I thought it was a new one.

@San Antonio Gal It probably is new depending on which show is airing on Discovery ID because some of the cases have been aired on multiple shows. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are 3 different shows.   The 2017 film-length documentary was on HBO and it is entitled "Mommy Dead and Dearest."  I saw it and agree the story is bizarre and disturbing.   

In early 2018 Discovery began a series of shows called "Murder is Forever" and the Gypsy Rose Blanchard story was one of the episodes.   

This new offering, "Gypsy's Revenge," also on ID Discovery, hasn't been aired before.   It's a 2-hour documentary and (to me, at least) it appears to be one show rather than a series.   Thanks for the thread, @San Antonio Gal.  I think most people will be interested in the story, even though it's extremely strange and sad.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova