Honored Contributor

ID CHANNEL MURDER IN MANSFIELD - A TWO HOUR DOCUMENTARY

I watched this last night as I had seen about twenty minutes of a Dr. Phil show early morning the day before due to waking up way too early with Collier.  I am sure it will be rerun.

What an incredible child Collier, an adopted child, was at the time he testified against his Father, charged with murdering Collier's Mother, at trial, so mature for his age.  He is a great looking man now, but until this documentary, was unable to let go of his lying, psychopathic Father, as he wanted him to tell him the truth about the murder, but stuck to the same idiotic story he told at trial, but at least is serving a life sentence without parole.

Honored Contributor

Re: ID CHANNEL MURDER IN MANSFIELD - A TWO HOUR DOCUMENTARY

I saw the show last night. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the son on Dr Phil also......I still have to watch the documentary...but I DVR'd it...

Honored Contributor

I watched it & was bored out of my mind.  As far as I was concerned, the show could have wrapped up in 1 hour.   I was looking through catalogs through most of it.

However, I was amazed at how mature Collier was as a young child. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I tried to watch it but got bored after 20 minutes.

Like every story on ID, the moral is a U haul truck and a bank account he doesn't know about can be a girl's best friend. 😉

Honored Contributor

I could not believe that he was 12 years old when he gave the testimony in court. He was so well spoken. AND to present testimony against his Dad. I am amazed how well he grew up.

Now, why was he placed with the Frazier(?) family? Did Colier know them? Why did the Judge place him with them? And his sister, did she get adopted by another family? 

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  

Where is Collier Landry's sister Elizabeth now? Exclusive interview ...

Esteemed Contributor

I, too, watched the Dr. Phil show and then recorded the documentary, which I watched last night. 

Just to be clear, Collier wasn't adopted until "after" his mother was murdered.  He was the bio son of his physician father and mother Noreen.  They adopted an Asian 3 y/o girl just three weeks prior to the murder.

I think he might be blind in his right eye, which seems to wander and never focus on anything.  He is a good-looking young man and I think that he was a very astute child.

I found the documentary to be interesting, except for certain parts where he talked to the therapist and the reporter.  Some of those discussions could have been edited.

His father certainly changed over the years - from a tall, good-looking young man to what he is now - but I guess prison does that to a person.  He is a sociopath, if not a psychopath.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@drizzellla  

Where is Collier Landry's sister Elizabeth now? Exclusive interview ...

Thank you!

After watching shows like that, I wish my parents were still alive. So I could thank them for being decent people who loved me and set a wonderful example of what a person should strive to be.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I could not believe that he was 12 years old when he gave the testimony in court. He was so well spoken. AND to present testimony against his Dad. I am amazed how well he grew up.

Now, why was he placed with the Frazier(?) family? Did Colier know them? Why did the Judge place him with them? And his sister, did she get adopted by another family? 

I think he was adopted by a family by the name of Ziegler.  They never got into that part and I don't know the connection he had with them.  He seemed like he had a good life with them and they are still close.

He also got very close with the lead detective in the case but the Judge didn't think it was a good idea for them to be so close.  To this day, they are like family.   They wanted to adopt him also.

The sister was adopted by the school principal, who only wanted her and not him.  He has tried for 26 years to see her via phone calls and texts but she never answers.  He would love to have a relationship with her.  He is 9 years older than she is.