Esteemed Contributor

Re: I will be so sad to see Big Little Lies End!!!!!

"Sorry it looked as if I was excited, but truly I wasn't......Sorry about that" @CANDLEQUEEN

No need to apologize, it was my mistake actually. I noticed afterward on a thread you started that you use bold type and lots of exclamation marks. Had I known that before I posted I would have realized it's your style. We each have a style...mine is that I'm a "wordy girl." It often takes me three paragraphs to say what others say in three sentences, lol. I hope we're good! :smileyhappy:

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

FYI every one of her other books has been optioned and they're at different stages of development. 

The same team that did "Big Little Lies" (including Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon) is bringing "Truly Madly Guilty" to HBO.  I haven't read it yet..

I read Truly Madly Guilty. That and Big Little Lies are the only two Lianne Moriarty books I've read so far. I'd give it a review, but at the rate I'm going today it might come out sounding more like a review of Harry Potter! 

Seriously though, I know some people didn't like it, but I did. Do I think it deserved to be Goodreads #1 fiction book for 2016? No, but it was entertaining. It wasn't as good (to me) as Big Little Lies. It seemed to drag in some places, and it was so long, but a lot of books are that way. 

Honored Contributor

I read an article online from The New York Daily News that Reese Witherspoon is very annoyed with Nicole Kidman for not doing any press and promoting for the series. She thought Nicole was promoting her movie Lion and they were avoiding each other at The Oscars. The series is doing well in Australia but is a bomb here in The States. Another season is unlikely.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori Yes, you did help me and I thank you!  I don't mind knowing the ending of things.  Many times I'm able to figure out the ending of shows anyway.

This one, I was not.  Again, thank you sweet Lori, you are wonderful.  Send me an email and let me know how you are.  I think of you often.

Recently sent @ECBG a box full of stuff, would love to send you some things....love you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I read an article online from The New York Daily News that Reese Witherspoon is very annoyed with Nicole Kidman for not doing any press and promoting for the series. She thought Nicole was promoting her movie Lion and they were avoiding each other at The Oscars. The series is doing well in Australia but is a bomb here in The States. Another season is unlikely.

Was another season really likely?  It's based on a book with a finite end and the actresses are all very busy and in demand.  I'm really curious; has anyone actually heard that they even wanted to make it into a series?

Respected Contributor

I am loving this series - also enjoyed the book.  Best of all last night was Janis Joplin closing the episode singing "Ball and Chain" great singer great song.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Was another season really likely?  It's based on a book with a finite end and the actresses are all very busy and in demand.  I'm really curious; has anyone actually heard that they even wanted to make it into a series?

@Jordan2, @Alter Ego:

@Jordan2, basically everything you wrote is incorrect: 

No solid evidence of a feud (and evidence that there's not, later on in this post).  Every source I just checked says "reportedly."  They're known to be friends and took this on together. 

It is unprofessional to promote a tv show at the Oscars and knowing Hollywood egos no doubt Reese was jealous that Nicole starred in an Oscar-nominated film and Reese had nothing but no doubt it's also being blown way out of proportion because that word "reportedly" is a giveaway.

The ratings on HBO have been fantastic.  No clue where you heard it was a "bomb."  These things are verifiable.  It's the biggest win for HBO with women in a while.  Week after week it's delivered  high ratings and near-perfect demos.  Can't imagine where you heard it's a bomb since it's verifiably false.

Like Alter Ego said, it is a mini-series "based on a book with a finite end" so there couldn't possibly be another season.

The same team including Reese and Nicole are as we speak getting ready to adapt Liane Moriarty's "Truly Madly Guilty" -- for HBO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2, thanks, now I'm going to order "Truly, Madly, Guilty."  I was resisting it because of the mixed reviews.  Can't wait for Nicole and Reese to do it because they've done such a fantastic job with this one and it's been a huge success.

Very interesting fact:  They made the decision to have one director direct every single episode.  That is not the norm in television, for a mini-series or a series.  It accounts for a lot of the quality, consistency and smooth feel of "Big Little Lies." 

David Lynch made the same decision for the new episodes of Twin Peaks.  It makes so much sense. 

"Three Wishes" is one of my faves.  I'd love it if Nicole and Reese did that one too as they've done a spectacular job IMO.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2, @Alter Ego:

@Jordan2, basically everything you wrote is incorrect: 

No solid evidence of a feud (and evidence that there's not, later on in this post).  Every source I just checked says "reportedly."  They're known to be friends and took this on together. 

It is unprofessional to promote a tv show at the Oscars and knowing Hollywood egos no doubt Reese was jealous that Nicole starred in an Oscar-nominated film and Reese had nothing but no doubt it's also being blown way out of proportion because that word "reportedly" is a giveaway.

The ratings on HBO have been fantastic.  No clue where you heard it was a "bomb."  These things are verifiable.  It's the biggest win for HBO with women in a while.  Week after week it's delivered  high ratings and near-perfect demos.  Can't imagine where you heard it's a bomb since it's verifiably false.

Like Alter Ego said, it is a mini-series "based on a book with a finite end" so there couldn't possibly be another season.

The same team including Reese and Nicole are as we speak getting ready to adapt Liane Moriarty's "Truly Madly Guilty" -- for HBO.

@LoriLori, well I stand corrected. I didn't write the story, just reporting what was written.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2, sorry to pick on your post, but this is a textbook example of fake news.  The last sentence of the NY Daily News article states that Reese Witherspoon's rep denies all. 

The source that the ratings are a "bomb" (which is a Big Big Lie) bases it on the fact that it's not renewed for another season, when it was always and only going to be a mini-series based on the book.

Not only have the ratings been great, they've grown week-to-week which means people are jumping in and catching up, which is often due to word of mouth.