Honored Contributor

I will be so sad to see Big Little Lies End!!!!!

I am really enjoying this series.......I believe someone said only 8 episodes, right? I really like all of the actors, and think that everyone is playing their roles really well. Anyone else loving it and sad to see it end soon?

Respected Contributor

Re: I will be so sad to see Big Little Lies End!!!!!

I watched the 4 episodes this weekend. Didn't see last night's show yet. I love the show. I read that there is only going to be 7 episodes. They had decided, not to make it into a movie but to make it a mini series. They said that tv in the future, which used to be a no no. I will miss it. I like Nicole Kidman and Love Reese Witherspoon. They are both fantastic in this show. They leave you wanting more. I could do without the abuse part. It really bothers me but that does go on, unfortunately.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I already watched the current episode last night and was thinking the same thing.  I had to look to see which episode it was (5) to realize that there are only 3 episodes left.  Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I just watched episodes 1-4 on Saturday, and LOVE this show!! Haven't seen last night's yet. Does anyone else think that maybe Celeste's husband is the father of Ziggy??: Not sure why that keeps popping into my head. Maybe becasue of the violent streak?

Honored Contributor

I'm really not trying to figure anything out here, but I find myself confused on the point that she doesn't know who raped her.    They dig up this guy and she thinks maybe that's him.

Did I miss something or am I just an idiot?   I do feel like I must have somehow missed, or forgot, a pretty big chuck of detail on that particular piece of the storyline.

Esteemed Contributor

Was someone raped in the TV series? I read the book and there was no rape. Domestic violence, yes. Rough sex, yes, but no rape. 

Wow, that might be a record of how many times the R word was used in just a few sentences, lol. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Was someone raped in the TV series? I read the book and there was no rape. Domestic violence, yes. Rough sex, yes, but no rape. 

Wow, that might be a record of how many times the R word was used in just a few sentences, lol. 

Ziggy's mom said he was a product of her being raped .

Honored Contributor

Maybe I skrewed up even more.  I thought that Ziggy's mother (sorry, can't remember name) was raped and that was how he was conceived.  

Sorry if I messed that up.  *sigh*   

Esteemed Contributor

That's interesting. In the book Ziggy was conceived through consensual sex. Not a good or happy experience to be sure, but definitely not rape. I guess the TV series has strayed from the book in that regard?

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Maybe I skrewed up even more.  I thought that Ziggy's mother (sorry, can't remember name) was raped and that was how he was conceived.  

Sorry if I messed that up.  *sigh*   

That is what she is saying!!!!!!!