Honored Contributor

Re: I want more good comedies...

@MoJoV wrote:

I tried watching The Big Store when it was on. Unbelievably it was about a young girl getting her first period and a store employee (male) running around trying to find her pads. This all happens at the store mind you. Hilarious,huh? 

@MoJoV

Sounds rather creepy, but if you thought it was funny .....

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I still enjoy watching Seinfeld - total goofballs! They were quite a bunch! Good laugh! 

@CAMOGIRL

I must be the only person on the planet that didn't like Seinfeld.   I just could never get into it.  

Honored Contributor

I love an intelligent comedy!!

I cannot tolerate a stupid comedy featuring precocious children.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

I still enjoy watching Seinfeld - total goofballs! They were quite a bunch! Good laugh! 

@CAMOGIRL

I must be the only person on the planet that didn't like Seinfeld.   I just could never get into it.  

It happens. I never saw anything to shows like Big Bang or How I Met Your Mother... and only marginally saw anything to Friends...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Nooo...I thought it was awful,tasteless and not funny. Creepy is a good description. Never watched the show again. Sorry you misunderstood my sarcasm. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

@CAMOGIRL

--------------

No, you are not!!  I did not like Seinfeld, Friends nor Big Bang theory.  Can not stand the oh - so obvious attempt at getting a laugh!!  It all just seemed so phony to me!   I really prefer a mystery story with a beginning, middle and end.  I enjoy trying to figure out the plot and the role of the characters.

However, do have to say...I liked Carol Burnett's show...so unbelievably corny and yet so creative!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I like drama but in the times we live in, I would like to turn on tv and see a lot of 30 minute comedies.   I tried to get into some of the new shows and recorded them but two are about a missing child.

I will probably watch them eventually but I would like TV to take me away from reality for at least 30 minutes.  I do watch the comedies that are on tv now like mom, kevin can wait etc.  I want more....

Have you seen Lethal Weapon on Fox?

Did you ever see the movie?

I was skeptical that the translation to the small screen might fall flat but it's very good.

The characters are great, the acting is great.   The chemistry between the 2 main characters has been duplicated.    Lot of plots and sub-plots, good comedy, car chases, explosions.   It's a great show, now in it's 2nd season.   

Kind of a Psych meets Major Crimes.

It's not a sitcom but it's funny and the  hour goes by too fast.

Frequent Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I like drama but in the times we live in, I would like to turn on tv and see a lot of 30 minute comedies.   I tried to get into some of the new shows and recorded them but two are about a missing child.

I will probably watch them eventually but I would like TV to take me away from reality for at least 30 minutes.  I do watch the comedies that are on tv now like mom, kevin can wait etc.  I want more....

@chiclet I feel the same about wanting to watch comedies as "escapism". However, I have turned to older shows I enjoyed as a kid/teen. I've started watching "Roseanne" and "Cheers" and others from the beginning on some streaming servies I subscribe to (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime). Even better than spending 30 minutes on one comedy is watching two comedies in 40 minutes because of no commercials. :-)

Honored Contributor

There used to be so many great comedies.

I loved LaVerne & Shirley, their "recipe" reminded me of the old Honeymooners show.

Which is also like the old I Love Lucy shows.

Does anyone remember Wings?

I loved that show.   

Tim Daly

Steven Weber

Crystal Bernard

Tony Shaloub

I think that's probably my hands down favorite sitcom.

The creators of the show also created Frazier and Cheers.

Not a bad resume!