Esteemed Contributor

@rustee@sandraskates, I am in Season 2 of A Place to Call Home and enjoying it.  I can't remember where I got the rec...might have been here.  Thanks!  LM

Honored Contributor

I'll need to check out "A place to call home". I've seen it for a selection, but wasn't sure.

Honored Contributor

"Homeland" is getting better. The other shows mentioned I never watched. I gave up on "The Walking Dead" early into last season. So repetitious with the character Negan its ridiculous. Yeah, yeah we know he's a mean son-of-a-gun but the storyline was just going in circles. I took it off my dvr and don't even miss it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

Re: I've said goodbye to

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I'll need to check out "A place to call home". I've seen it for a selection, but wasn't sure.

@qualitygal

It is very good.  Four seasons are already available, and a fifth season is on its way. It takes place in 1950s Australia.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal, yes do put A Place to Call Home on your list.  It puts me to mind of The Thornbirds by Colleen MacCulloch.  I am in Season 2 now and enjoying it.  I am also watching Vikings, the series with Ragnar Loftbrock (sp?) as a main character.  This is very good as well.

I think my favorite series of this winter has been The Killing with Marielle Enos.  It is based in Denmark.  It got me looking for something else with her in it.  She was very good.  LM