Honored Contributor

Re: I've Tired of the Current "Jeopardy" Champion

@CANDLEQUEEN The 5 game limit was dropped 19 years ago and TPTB of J! have stated they won't be going back to that.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD 

If that were true, it would have been exposed, and a scandal  would follow ending Jeopardy.

Filming several shows in a day can, over time, result in burnout. 

I agree.  It must be a total mental drain to film 5 shows in 1 day.

You would have to be "up" and focusing to get to the buzzer first and answer the question correctly. I would think it would be totally exhausting.

In regard to the long running champs, I think they mentally and physically hit a wall after a certain time.

Jeopardy telling a contestant it is time to lose is absurd.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

How long has Mattea been on?

After the last marathon, I thought Jeopardy would return to imposing limits on returning champions.  I guess they didn't.  Smiley Sad 

15 days

That's crazy!  I just checked this morning and we have 34 shows taped.  We've just been so busy that we got behind in viewing.  So almost half our shows are just one contestant?  Oy.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

Sadly, while I greatly respect her intelligence, I have grown weary of Mattea. It is simply not much fun to see her monopolize the board night after night after night.

She does, however, make for good comedic material. During commercial breaks we imitate Mattea answering a very basic question but being as verbose as we possibly can be.

And finally, I do think Ken is a bit smitten by her intelligence. I don't think I have ever seen him engage with someone quite so much.

I haven't seen her yet as we are waaaay behind on recorded shows (34!).

But I think I'd like comedic theatrics as opposed to dull,  monotone droning answers.

I wasn't wild about the last champ I saw, she was on a while and I cannot think of her name at the moment.  Just a month or two ago, Amy, maybe.

But I thought she would make a great Jeopardy host!  She spoke more clearly and deeply and louder than Ken who is soft spoken and talks too quickly and  .... dull.

Esteemed Contributor

I miss the trans lady.   She was a delight and not full of herself.

Respected Contributor

Put me in the I like Mattea category.  She is fun and quirky.

I was actually thinking I hope she hooks up with Matt Amodeo during the TOC.  I think they would make a great couple....both young, smart, and have a weird sense of humor.  I think they would be a cute couple.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Sadly, while I greatly respect her intelligence, I have grown weary of Mattea. It is simply not much fun to see her monopolize the board night after night after night.

She does, however, make for good comedic material. During commercial breaks we imitate Mattea answering a very basic question but being as verbose as we possibly can be.

And finally, I do think Ken is a bit smitten by her intelligence. I don't think I have ever seen him engage with someone quite so much.

I haven't seen her yet as we are waaaay behind on recorded shows (34!).

But I think I'd like comedic theatrics as opposed to dull,  monotone droning answers.

I wasn't wild about the last champ I saw, she was on a while and I cannot think of her name at the moment.  Just a month or two ago, Amy, maybe.

But I thought she would make a great Jeopardy host!  She spoke more clearly and deeply and louder than Ken who is soft spoken and talks too quickly and  .... dull.

@Lucky Charm 

34 shows to watch! You better hunker down and do some serious binge-watching! 

My only REAL dislike is that Mattea has not been paired with anyone who can truly compete with her. It seems like every single night she is thousands and thousands of dollars ahead--to the point where she would not have to wager any money on Final Jeopardy and still win.

One night last week we were out to dinner with friends and didn't tape the show, but I heard she participated alone in Final Jeopardy because her opponents were both in the hole. That must have been real fun!☹️

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Put me in the I like Mattea category.  She is fun and quirky.

I was actually thinking I hope she hooks up with Matt Amodeo during the TOC.  I think they would make a great couple....both young, smart, and have a weird sense of humor.  I think they would be a cute couple.

@Travone 

I don't think that hook-up is going to happen. On her Twitter page, Mattea identifies as a lesbian. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I think she is a fun person. Her mannerisms don't bother me, but I'm surprised the Jeopardy crew hasn't asked her withhold additional comments before wagering. It wastes time.