Valued Contributor

Re: I've Tired of the Current "Jeopardy" Champion

I read a comment when Amy (the transgender contestant that was on) that it seemed like Jeopardy was going out of its way to find opponents for Amy that weren't the normal caliber of Jeopardy contestants.  I'm no starting to wonder if the same strategy is going on with this new champion.  Some of these contestants don't seem all that smart.  Could they be bolstering these champions stay with less than qualified opponents?  Perhaps its a strategy to raise ratings?  

I find her nose ring distracting - why would you think that was attractive?

Valued Contributor

Add to the constant chatter and the hand flailing, she does a weird thing with her mouth that is very irritating.  I won't watch again until she's gone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a strong opinion as I'm not a regular viewer, so I had to go to Google to see both who she is and a short video. That said, she seems like a nice kid, is very bright but I can also see where she could get on one's nerves. I'd also suggest that regardless of her age or where she might be from, if some viewers don't care for her then they don't care for her. Some folks seem to need to internalize that it really is all right to have and express varying opinions on a discussion forum. Without different points of view it seems threads go nowhere and message boards become dull.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud   @ValuSkr    Yeah, unfortunately she'll be getting the boot very soon. They hit the number of days and/or $$$$$$$$. The producers (and Ken is one of them) will pull her aside and ask her or tell her it's time to play the stupid card to lose to someone very soon.

I think this stinks. How hard this must be to pretend you don't know the answers all of a sudden, or give stupid wrong answers so that the brilliant you all of a sudden becomes the one who knows nothing. BOOOOOO

Honored Contributor

I like her, and she is super smart, but I do agree that after 15 days, I am ready to see someone else on.

I do think there should be a limit as to how long someone can stay on...In some ways I can see where long time champions keep people watching, just as I can also see how long time champions can be boring after a while......

She is quirky and different, but I like her and wish her the best, just ready to see someone else now!

Regular Contributor

I'll happily take flapping over that Amy person any day.

Super Contributor

I'm in the minority and really like Mattea with her hand waving and all.  I think back to when I was 23 years old (first year at a job out of college) like Mattea and would not have had the confidence or brain power to win at Jeopardy 15 times.  I know I don't very few facts about Canadian history and she sure knows a ton about American history which amazes me.  Yes, she's quirky, but I think all of us have quirks and that's what makes us interesting.  I think she's delightful.  Whether she wins tonight or loses, I think she is a great champion and you can tell she's loving being there and who wouldn't at 23 year old and winning over $300K so far.  

Valued Contributor

I forgot to ask:  Is being a tutor a real job?  I had no idea.

Super Contributor

@Magicrat I would think it is a real job being that she helps students prepare for the LSATs so that they can apply and qualify for law school.  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

If that were true, it would have been exposed, and a scandal  would follow ending Jeopardy.

Filming several shows in a day can, over time, result in burnout.