Honored Contributor

I’ve Come To The Realization

So, I've come to the realization I can't possibly watch everything I have on my watchlist ( it never ends new things come out all the time). This weekend I watched Inventing Anna and the latest season of Ozark (both starred Julia Garner who was excellent in both). I have a list of shows I wouldn't mind opinions  if it is a must see or skip. 

Netflix

1. Maid

2. Clickbait

3. Sex/Life

4. Selling Sunset (I have watched the 3 prior seasons)

5. Sweet Magnolias (saw season 1)

6. Space Force (saw season 1)

Prime

Modern Love Season 2 (I saw season 1)

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is a definite yes

HULU

The Great (saw season 1 this is a yes)

Love, Victor (saw season 1)

Shrill (saw seasons 1&2)

Nine Perfect Strangers

Only Murders In The Building (leaning towards yes)

The Handmaid's Tale (saw seasons 1-3 this is a definite yes)

So are there any shows I could easily take off my watchlist?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’ve Come To The Realization

Well we have different taste in TV shows.  DH and I did see the Marvelous Ms. Maisel and liked it, so we will likely watch the new ones.

We did see Nine Perfect Strangers, if that is the one with Nicole Kidman.  It was good, but not something I would watch over.

I have not seen any of the other shows on your list.

I will say that we just finished watching Ted Lasso and absolutely loved it.  We will likely keep watching that one over and over until new ones come out.

You are right, there are only so many hours in the day.  I sometimes feel that I need to limit myself to TV time so I am forced to do other things!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips I love Ted Lasso. I sometimes subscribe to AppleTV+ but don't currently have it. There are shows I like but I'm waiting until I see some of these other shows before subscribing again ( I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money not having the time to watch it).

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2    Definitely watch Sweet Magnolias Season 2!

I loved the first season, and thought this season was even better. It ends with multiple cliffhangers.

I would skip Sex/Life. It received a lot of attention for the famous shower scene. Other than that, I found the show very boring and very repetitious.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Puppy Lips I love Ted Lasso. I sometimes subscribe to AppleTV+ but don't currently have it. There are shows I like but I'm waiting until I see some of these other shows before subscribing again ( I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my money not having the time to watch it).

@Puppy Lips and @Jordan2

just watched the first and second seasons of Ted Lasso and absolutely loved it!

@Jordan2,

I don't normally subscribe to AppleTV+ but noticed in a Target email that with the free Target Circle Rewards I could sign up for 4 free months of AppleTV+.

They have several "Target Circle Partners" with offers with their free Target Circle Rewards program.   

I'm  not sure, but it looks like these partner offers will be available through sometime in June 2022 (I looked quickly, so I could be wrong about that).

You might want to go to their website to see what you think.

I also watched the first episodes of "Severance."   I'd be interested in opinions on this one...  so far, it's eerie and I haven't decided what I think.   I'm unnerved by it, but then I think that's probably what they're aiming to achieve.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

I would say skip "Nine Perfect Strangers,"  I didn't love it, and I forced myself to finish it,  I just started latest season of Mrs. Maisel,  I like that one. 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Puppy Lips and @Jordan2

just watched the first and second seasons of Ted Lasso and absolutely loved it!

@Jordan2,

I don't normally subscribe to AppleTV+ but noticed in a Target email that with the free Target Circle Rewards I could sign up for 4 free months of AppleTV+.

They have several "Target Circle Partners" with offers with their free Target Circle Rewards program.   

I'm  not sure, but it looks like these partner offers will be available through sometime in June 2022 (I looked quickly, so I could be wrong about that).

You might want to go to their website to see what you think.

I also watched the first episodes of "Severance."   I'd be interested in opinions on this one...  so far, it's eerie and I haven't decided what I think.   I'm unnerved by it, but then I think that's probably what they're aiming to achieve.

@dooBdoo I did get four months free from Target Circle, however you can only get it once, I tried to sign up for it again and couldn't. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

I JUST started watching Ozark...literally episode 2 of season 1.  I don't binge watch; I only watch one episode a night (& not every night), so it should last a while.

I'm watching Reacher on Prime.  I think I just finished episode 5 or 6.  It's really good and the actor who plays Reacher is super-hot!  I love that it is set in the South.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I started watching Inventing Anna but didn't care for it, which makes me feel bad because I love Julia Garner.

I have only watched Maid and Clickbait, and thought they were both pretty good.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin