Honored Contributor

I think we are going to pull the plug on our comcast cable

There is just nothing I am interested in , that they have. We have  other things we watch. My husband likes  his TV with an new antenna he just got. He loves old westerns

We have Brit box, and Acorn ,and Prime ,and Netflix..my husband got them and I love them. Another nice place to watch things I like is Youtube

I doubt we will save a lot, because we are bundled, but I hate paying for something we don't use

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think we are going to pull the plug on our comcast cable

I wish Prime would have it's own internet provider. 

I don't trust internet providers for slowing down speed

or like you said not giving a good price. 

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

There is just nothing I am interested in , that they have. We have  other things we watch. My husband likes  his TV with an new antenna he just got. He loves old westerns

We have Brit box, and Acorn ,and Prime ,and Netflix..my husband got them and I love them. Another nice place to watch things I like is Youtube

I doubt we will save a lot, because we are bundled, but I hate paying for something we don't use

I here you. We had been using Direct TV for years and although I liked it however they did a price increase of $60.00 a month, and like you there were a lot of channels we just don't watch. We now have You Tube Tv and Philo at less than half the cost of Direct TV and it has everything we need. 

Honored Contributor

It's not worth the hassle of moving from cable for us, and in tornado season it is the most reliable way to go.  We have all services but cell phones with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to the cutters club!  We must really get a secret handshake.

You will never miss it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If we had the opportunity to choose just the channels we liked ,I wouldn't do this. We got rid of a lot of stuff ,some months ago. We kept the cable, because we can watch Mass on one of the channels, and when we have to miss going, I feel better watching via TV than just not worshiping at all

I know this doesn't matter to some people, but it does to us. I found out today, I  can stream live mass on Youtube, so that did it

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry 

There are also some nice chants of various faiths on YouTube which sooth.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Still Raining  I love chant

Valued Contributor

@cherry we cut our cable tv service last April and have never looked back. We saved over $100 a month. We have Hulu Live TV and get our local channels and a lot of other channels. We also have Prime TV which has a lot to choose from. I've watched several documentaries about the British royal family on Prime that I've enjoyed. We pay $60 a month for our internet.

Cable TV was just getting ridiculous with it's high prices - I just wish we would have cut the cable cord a lot sooner.

Honored Contributor

We have Roku so we can stream things like youtube on our TV..