Esteemed Contributor

Re: I quit watching the Today Show

Al Roker has been on The Today Show since 1996.

Is that when everyone stopped watching?  Al Roker made everyone stop watching?

In 1996?  I don't get it.

Honored Contributor

This has nothing to do with Today Show, but in our local area they are doing something I've never seen .... that is showing commercials about the interests in the lives of the newscaster staff.  I don't care a dang about their personal lives or interests.  Just do your job and report the news and weather.  Now i notice it's catching on and other local news stations are doing it. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not understand why the weather man Al Roker is now their top person on the show.... why would I care what he thinks or the like?  They must have had a lousy pool of candidates for the job and he won.  I have nothing against the man... he does weather fine. But I do not want to listen to "life as Al Roker" sees it. 

I guess he likes it as he has a new 5 year 50 million dollar contract with the network.... 

I don't watch the Today show, but what happened to Savannah and Hoda?  I thought they were the main anchors.

Esteemed Contributor

I never liked Al Roker.  I am used to him doing the weather, but don't like it if he does anything else.  I am not watching much of that channel now anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I don't even turn on the tv till late afternoon .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Never been a fan of any of those morning talk news shows.   Too much chitchat, opinion, celebrity stuff - not enough real news. I never watch them. 

Honored Contributor

I remember when Al Roker was just a weather man period!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I used to watch GMA, but then they got Lara S.  IMHO she has ruined that show.  Now, it's mostly an entertainment show, with news as an aside.  It used to be the opposite, if I recall correctly.  I watch about the first 30 minutes of it, and that's about it.  

I never watch the Today show.......unless Jill Bauer is on!!!!Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I quit watching the morning gab-fests long ago.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Maybe when they waded through all of the perverts, he was left.

Indoorkitty, excellent  point. Now if we could get the government to do this what a happy day that would be. lol  I do not watch NBC in the mornings.  I still watch GMA,  I am liking Diane Sawyer's segments.  This week it is Julie Andrews.  I have loved her since the Sound Of Music.  I love that movie.