Respected Contributor

I no longer fine Google user friendly anymore...

I use to love Google but now it has become a tease I think it has become a vehicle to

monitor us, but if you want to know something it has become so veneer.

I use to get more in-depth, a clearer insight on topics I was trying to learn more about.

Now when you look for a lot of things if falls like a dud..

Google seems to have joined the Marshmallow Land |

Too be fair maybe it might not be their first choice to limit information
Honored Contributor

Re: I no longer fine Google user friendly anymore...

Companies hire other companies to flood Google (and others) so that you only see that company (or whatever you are looking up).

They make sure that at least the first two (sometimes more) 'pages' are nice things, adds really for that particular subject matter.

I usually try to go deeper to maybe 3rd or 4th pages because it's so dishonest.

Most places where one might to to find out how something is rated is rigged also.

There are very few things that aren't 'managed' and honest.

I used to go on "Yelp" to get an idea about something. I don't trust anything anymore.

I agree with you Java on many things. I don't know if it's because I'm (considered) 'old' that is am distrustful and sometimes (to my chagrin) feel 'defeated' when it comes to trying to change things.

I used to write letters, emails, etc to my elected officials. I no longer do it. Why should I?

I used to write a letter to a celebrity to tell them how much I like their play I attended, a TV show, etc.

I've received some amazing answers (hand written) from authors, etc. Clive Clussler (author, always on the number one best seller list) and I used to correspond a lot. I recently started reconnecting (on a much smaller scale with him). Keven Spacey is another who corresponded (just a bit) with me.

I read where most of the young(er) famous people pay others to answer letters and tweets, everything. When I was young James Garner was famous. I'd write to him and receive a 'signed' 8X10 picture. That was OK, that was him trying to sound like we were 'best friends'.

Anyway, I am totally disenchanted and just plain tired. My late husband (and friends) have always wanted me to write a book. I used to say, "I'm too lazy".

Now I feel like, "Why bother"?

I'm a great one for Wikipedia. They've started asking for money to look things up. I'm like, "No thanks".

I guess I've just decided to stay ignorant.

Respected Contributor

On 12/24/2014 annabellethecat said:

Companies hire other companies to flood Google (and others) so that you only see that company (or whatever you are looking up).

They make sure that at least the first two (sometimes more) 'pages' are nice things, adds really for that particular subject matter.

I usually try to go deeper to maybe 3rd or 4th pages because it's so dishonest.

Most places where one might to to find out how something is rated is rigged also.

There are very few things that aren't 'managed' and honest.

I used to go on "Yelp" to get an idea about something. I don't trust anything anymore.

I agree with you Java on many things. I don't know if it's because I'm (considered) 'old' that is am distrustful and sometimes (to my chagrin) feel 'defeated' when it comes to trying to change things.

I used to write letters, emails, etc to my elected officials. I no longer do it. Why should I?

I used to write a letter to a celebrity to tell them how much I like their play I attended, a TV show, etc.

I've received some amazing answers (hand written) from authors, etc. Clive Clussler (author, always on the number one best seller list) and I used to correspond a lot. I recently started reconnecting (on a much smaller scale with him). Keven Spacey is another who corresponded (just a bit) with me.

I read where most of the young(er) famous people pay others to answer letters and tweets, everything. When I was young James Garner was famous. I'd write to him and receive a 'signed' 8X10 picture. That was OK, that was him trying to sound like we were 'best friends'.

Anyway, I am totally disenchanted and just plain tired. My late husband (and friends) have always wanted me to write a book. I used to say, "I'm too lazy".

Now I feel like, "Why bother"?

I'm a great one for Wikipedia. They've started asking for money to look things up. I'm like, "No thanks".

I guess I've just decided to stay ignorant.

Why not for the bad actors we have to ignore them they really in most cases ignore us accept if the want revenge (like the did to Cosby & others who upset their direction of promoting if feels good do nation) else-wise they don't know us....

you are right Annabel who can we trust I sure am not going to jump annihilate Crosby wagon when these folks have a bad reputation to begin with.

The closer we are to our Creator the better is our foresight... else wise we are on our own!

The more we do His will vs the world spin the better is our personal life

Annabel leave a Journal for your posterity some one in the group will long for real food, substance and principles that makes life worth living....

I just check the Drudge Report headlines the world is in a turmoil everything that could, is in a upheaval or going around in reruns, it would be a vacation if all the malcontents took a long recess.

I believe in live and let live, but for some let live that is not enough...

Honored Contributor

It's FIND, not fine. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}