Esteemed Contributor

I never yip about commercials, however..

there is a Yoplait commercial that makes me want to plunge screwdrivers in my ears.

Starts about about a young girl packing her own lunch. Ends with a woman screaming she is becoming an independent child. The word child is umpteen decibels higher.

Whoever came up with it should be made to sit in a room for 24 hrs. and listen to that yelling on a constant loop.

Honored Contributor

Re: I never yip about commercials, however..

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hate that one!!!!!!! Instant channel changer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have never seen this commercial, but now I want to because I am nosy like that😂😂😂 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette  If their goal is to sell me that yogurt they are not doing it.  Just the opposite, I wouldn't buy it because of that commercial.  Annoys the stuffing out of me. lol

Honored Contributor

Wow! Have not seen that one yet either.......

Honored Contributor

The mother isn't "screaming",  While her voice does rise on the word "child" she simply is celebrating , hence the dancing.

The daughter is learning how to be independent.

I would much rather prefer to see this commercial than the one with the mother chasing a child for "one more bite" of broccoli.  Now that's yelling and on top of it forcing children to have "one more bite" is a terrible way to instill good eating habits.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP.  Sure sounds like screaming to me.  IMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3  I know it's not the Mother, it is the voiceover person is screaming.  

Respected Contributor

Is that commercial really about yogurt?

Had no idea. 

The theatrics and audio of most commercials tends to obscure the advertising message for me.  Even when a commercial is well-done and very amusing, I often can't  tell anyone what the ad was promoting.

And yes, I agree that just about any  screaming attempt to advertise a product is annoying and not likely to sell much to anyone.

Respected Contributor

That commercial really sets my nerves on edge.   I agree with the op about making the person who developed it sit in a room and listen to it over and over again.