Honored Contributor

I never knew this about Joe Pesci

May be an image of 2 people, people playing musical instruments, people standing, guitar and text that says 'JOE PESCI'

Joe Pesci was a guitarist in his early years.  Who knew?  I've known for decades that he was close friends with the Four Seasons, but I never knew he had pursued a career in music himself.

Some additional info found online:

Before he was an actor, JOE PESCI was a barber and a musician. In his earliest days, he played guitar with several bands, including JOEY DEE AND THE STARLITERS, an outfit that JIMI HENDRIX and Joe played guitar with at different times in the 1960s.

And yes, I remember Joey Dee and the Starliters and their big hit "Peppermint Twist."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I never knew this about Joe Pesci

@golding76 - I didn't know this about Joe Pesci.  Also remember Joey D. and the Peppermint Twist!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From snooping around Wikipedia, I learned that the band at its best had all Jersey boys.  Pesci, of course, was a Jersey boy himself.

How I love his thick head of hair!  In his youth, my late husband had such a lush head of hair, too.  

Respected Contributor

A Frankie Vallee wannabe?  Great photo!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info @golding76.
I went to the Peppermint Lounge with my college boyfriend in the Summer of ‘67. Had a great time dancing to the Peppermint Twist. Great fun!
I didn’t know that Joe Pesci played with them.