Honored Contributor

Re: I need a new movie, with a good story!!!

@granddi wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Loved The Holdovers on Peacock, nom for a few Oscars. 

I'm probably in the minority but I hated the ending. 

His good will and act of kindness was not repaid. 

I must agree with you, I felt the very end was flat, the boy and the teacher had so much more to say to each other than they did. But the rest was great. 

Respected Contributor

@sabra wrote:
Lately, I watched two very good movies. The first one was
queen bees, the second one was the holdovers. They are two of the best movies that I’ve seen in the last year. At some point in time I will rewatch both of them.

@sabra So good to know...I've put Queen Bees in my "List" on Netflix but hadn't watched it yet...I love both Ellen Burstyn and James Caan.

Honored Contributor

Not current movies, from the early 2000s.  Pollock with Ed Harris and Adaptation with Nicolas Cage.  Had recorded them from TCM and didn't really think I would like either but I did.  You can see I'm about 20 years behind my movie watching--LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

Nyad starring Annette Benning and Jodi Foster is inspirational and a great story based on the swimmer Diana Nyad.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Not current movies, from the early 2000s.  Pollock with Ed Harris and Adaptation with Nicolas Cage.  Had recorded them from TCM and didn't really think I would like either but I did.  You can see I'm about 20 years behind my movie watching--LOL!!!

You should watch War Room.  The movie is very different than what the title suggests.  Foxcatcher is also amazing and true!  American Hustle is also fantastic and based on a true story.  The Campaign is hilarious as is Dinner for Schmucks.  Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is GREAT!

If you like epic sagas, you can't beat The Lord Of the Ring Trilogy or The Hobbit Trilogy.  I love these.❤️

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

What 'cha got?

Just finished watching Fool Me Once on Prime.  WOW!  We weren't going to watch it but after a posting about it on the forum, decided to give it a try and very glad we did.  It's 8 episodes.  Never saw it coming at the end.  My husband really liked it to and he's hard to please.

Valued Contributor

@cheriere  you can't go wrong with Viggo🤠

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here are a few movies we I have watched lately I thought were pretty good.

Before I Fall

Before We Go

The Secret: Dare to Dream

Secondhand Lions

Ford v Ferrari

Trusted Contributor

Not sure what type of movies you’re looking for, but there are two oldies that I have watched more than once. I thought they were fun movies. The first one is three kings from 1999 and has George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg in it. the second movie is national treasure from 2004 it has Nicolas Cage in it.
Argo is another great one with Ben Affleck. If Anybody is looking for rom coms I could name a few
Honored Contributor

"Past Lives" was very good!