Trusted Contributor

I must be the only one who can't stand Yellowstone

I have tried at least 3 different times to watch this show since so many people love it and binge watch it. Today I just couldn't put up with all the F Us even by the women. Other swear words too. An occasional word doesn't bother me, but this is just too much. Anyone else who can't watch it?

Honored Contributor

Re: I must be the only one who can't stand Yellowstone

@geegerbee wrote:

I have tried at least 3 different times to watch this show since so many people love it and binge watch it. Today I just couldn't put up with all the F Us even by the women. Other swear words too. An occasional word doesn't bother me, but this is just too much. Anyone else who can't watch it?

@geegerbee @Same for me.

Contributor

Same for me too - I didn't make it 5 minutes & turned it off.  Just awful!

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee @Mindy D I'm ok with language, s*x, nudity. My breaking point was the scenes depicting sadomasochism. I have see no creative value or justification for graphic content of violence towards women. 

I'm finding the characters boring. 

Trusted Contributor

@geegerbee
We don't watch it. I once went over to my mom's house ( my older brother lives with her - she's elderly) and he was watching while she sat and needlework.
I couldn't believe my ears. There was no normal English - just cursing. I had to exit. It was just so offensive . Maybe it could be a good story but the treatment by execs ruin it. Does the majority of viewers actually not mind maybe even ENJOY the dialogue?
Honored Contributor

@granddi @I never got that far, but I can imagine how you felt watching that. 

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee I am not a fan and never have watched an entire episode. I just can't get into it.

Honored Contributor

I gave it a few outings before opting out altogether. Overall, a pretty unappealing group of people on pretty much every level and the storylines didn't capture my interest either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

My husband watches it, I'm in the room most of the time on my computer or reading when it's on.  (At this very moment he's watching 1883...)

I'm the one that told him about it--enthusiastically!

But as handsome as I think Costner is, his voice is so hushed and raspy--it drives me nuts.  Honestly, I don't think it's his real voice.  Kev, just use your normal voice.

Then there's Rip or Torn or whatever his name is.  Something seemed so off to me about his look.  Come to find out he's really a light haired (ginger?) guy who has to have his hair, beard, brows, and lashes dyed.  Constantly.  I don't know if it's worth it?  Why not just have him a light haired Cowboy?  There are plenty of them.  Casey for one.  Or, if they wanted a dark haired, dark bearded actor---there's millions of them.

Then there's the character of Beth.  Nothing against the woman who plays her, but I can't stand the role she plays.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm We had to leave our home for some remodeling. The cabin TV was Roku. I could log on enough to get my husband to 1883. I had to watch since we were displaced with only one TV. I thought there was a lot of violence, but I did enjoy learning how the ranch site was located.

We started 1923 but mercifully we checked out to go home.