Honored Contributor

Watched Search when I would come home for lunch. I remember Don Knotts as Rose's brother. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I miss my soaps

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Travone wrote:

When I was young I remember my mother watching Another World and the Doctors.

I watched them too.  Remember Althia and Nick.  Big time love story on the doctors.

Oh yes, Althea Davis,  Dr Bellini, , Matt, Maggie, her sister Nora, Carolee, Dr Aldrich  and people like Kathleen Turner, Alec Baldwin, Kim Zimmer all got their start on The Doctors. 

Honored Contributor

All My Children was my favorite soap opera. I currently watch two of the remaining soaps, but I'm never glued to the set. If I miss a week, it's not a big deal.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Travone wrote:

When I was young I remember my mother watching Another World and the Doctors.

I watched them too.  Remember Althia and Nick.  Big time love story on the doctors.

Oh yes, Althea Davis,  Dr Bellini, , Matt, Maggie, her sister Nora, Carolee, Dr Aldrich  and people like Kathleen Turner, Alec Baldwin, Kim Zimmer all got their start on The Doctors. 

Wow you brought up people  I had forgotten.. A few yeas ago I think it was soap net I could watch reruns of the doctors.  Matt was kind of arrogant with his pipe lol

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I will be 64 next month and NEVER have I watched a daytime soap.  Not one. I never had time for them working my entire adult life. Now retired, I just am not interested. 

Oh my you sound like watching a soap opera was beneath you, LOL!   Well, I worked too, and I am 70 yrs old, and before I retired, there was this thing called a VCR, LOL!

Valued Contributor

I miss Josh & Reva.  Guiding Light.  What a great show that was!

Respected Contributor

Christopher Reeve did have a cameo on "Ryan's Hope" - He played himself and was a guest at Deliah's Crystal Palace restaurant. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes - Agree.

When I was in college everyone including the guys scheduled their classes around Days of our Lives and General Hospital.  Also watched As the World Turns.

General Hospital just isn't the same any more so I don't watch.

Respected Contributor

Another fan of Ryan's Hope.

Esteemed Contributor

I grew up watching Search for Tomorrow & Guiding Light.I also watched As the World Turns. My favorite couple were Josh & Reva hands down.I also watched All My Children until it was on opposite Y & R.

I’ve been watching Y& R since it first premiered.When I was in college we used to all gather in the student union between classes to watch it.

Seems like a lifetime ago.Now networks don’t want to spend the money.They would rather broadcast boring talk shows.