Honored Contributor

Re: I miss my soaps--do you?

@halfpint1I really miss ATWT, I grew up watching with my mother back when it was in black & white and only 30 mins. long, when I would be home from school.  When I started working, I'd always ask my mother what was going on and she would fill me in.  Then in the 80's with DVR's came out, I started taping and watching after work, and watched to the last episode! I hardly ever see anyone of the actors on other programs, wonder what happened to all of them?

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I miss ATWT, too.  I'm still a little angry at The Talk for replacing them.  I know ... that makes no sense, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 wrote:

I miss As the World Turns and Guiding Light. I had looked at both for 20 years. All there is is news. Too much and the same stories I saw for 3 days. Nothing much to see here either. Also prices ways too much.

@halfpint1  Me too!  These were my "stories" (plus a few others over the years).  I miss my "friends" from Oakdale and Springfield.  Just the other day I had a weird dream and all I could remember was that Reba was in it

Valued Contributor

I miss Another World. 

Honored Contributor

When I was younger, All my Children was my soap.  I actually miss that program.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I agree!  All My Children was my favorite.  I work close enough to home that I could go home and watch most of it on my lunch hour or I would DVR it and watch it in the evening.  I also watched One Life to Live but not as regularly.  I sure wish All My Children was still on.  I bought the special edition of People magazine that reviewed it through the years when the show went off the air still have it.

For old times sake, I miss Midwest Express Airlines as well!!

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

I was working at the time that General Hospital had the Luke and Laura thing going on.  All the "rags"  filled those of us who worked in, and it use to be the time college kids would go to classes around that show.  How ironic all these years later to think of that story line and what's just happened in real life.  

I remember my mom ironing while the Secret Storm, and the Edge of Night, etc. were on, and they were 15 minute shows. LOL 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really miss Guiding Light.

Day time TV is so redundant (talk shows, court shows) and uninteresting IMO, I keep hoping some network will reintroduce soaps as something different from current lineup.

Valued Contributor

It cracked me up that the parents never aged, but their children aged in dog years. (From infancy to college grad in just a few short years, literally.)

And YES! I miss ATWT and GL! Loved to hate Lucinda Walsh. GL lost me, though, when Reva had a ridiculous story line. She came back from the dead, or did a Benjamin Buttons thing...something bizarre and unbelievable.

Trusted Contributor

I remember my mother watching All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital and when I was off from school or had a holiday from work, I would enjoy watching them with her.  She was always getting her dinner ready during the programs and doing things around the house such as ironing and then finally sit down to watch a bit of it.  I really miss those days.  It was such a nicer and gentle time in my life.  I still continue by taping General Hospital each day and watching it every evening.  I remember my father commenting on Erica Kane and kidding my mother saying Erica is always telling everyone off and we would laugh about it.  Good memories for sure.