Honored Contributor

Re: I miss my soaps--do you?

@halfpint1 wrote:

I miss As the World Turns and Guiding Light. I had looked at both for 20 years. All there is is news. Too much and the same stories I saw for 3 days. Nothing much to see here either. Also prices ways too much.

I miss Another World.  One of my favorites.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 wrote:

I miss As the World Turns and Guiding Light. I had looked at both for 20 years. All there is is news. Too much and the same stories I saw for 3 days. Nothing much to see here either. Also prices ways too much.

@halfpint1

Your thread prompted me to google "cast of ATWT" and scan all the faces.  I was a bit surprised that more of that cast didn't end up on prime time TV shows. 

One of my faves was Trent Dawson, aka Henry Coleman, who I've seen only twice since the show ended ... on NCIS and on Castle.    

Tamara Tunie played Jessica the DA .... and later spent years on Law and Order.  I've seen her on a couple Blue Bloods, but she doesn't seem to be a regular.

Jesse Lee Sofer, aka Will Munsen, is a series regular on Chicago PD .... other than that, no one else seems to be in prime time.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I miss them very much, especially All My Children and One Life to Live.  Because they were on every day, they became a familiar and comfortable presence in your life.  I still watch The Young and the Restless, but have lost interest in General Hospital.  

Super Contributor

I miss them too but oh so happy there are still 4 left to watch.   Been following DOOL since the beginning and will till that hourglass runs dry. Heart

Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@halfpint1 wrote:

@halfpint1

Your thread prompted me to google "cast of ATWT" and scan all the faces.  I was a bit surprised that more of that cast didn't end up on prime time TV shows. 

One of my faves was Trent Dawson, aka Henry Coleman, who I've seen only twice since the show ended ... on NCIS and on Castle.    

Tamara Tunie played Jessica the DA .... and later spent years on Law and Order.  I've seen her on a couple Blue Bloods, but she doesn't seem to be a regular.

Jesse Lee Sofer, aka Will Munsen, is a series regular on Chicago PD .... other than that, no one else seems to be in prime time.

Trent Dawson was recently on GH.

Honored Contributor

When I quit work back in 1981 (just had a baby) I tried to get into watching "General Hospital" only because everyone else was. Aarghh! I couldn't stand how S-L-O-W the plot went! Ridiculous! I just couldn't stand it so I quit watching and never even tried to watch another soap. Thank goodness.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

YES!! RYAN'S HOPE & ALL MY CHILDREN. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

I was a big ABC soaps fan for many years, now CBS for sometime. I still miss, Ryan's Hope!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1d/c9/e2/1dc9e291fc8c7f46d27a99bd89479ef1.jpg

Regular Contributor

You did a good job with the actors on ATWT - lovely Vanessa Ray, who was on ATWT toward the end has been on Blue Bloods for three or four seasons now as Officer Jenko aka, Eddie, Jamie Reagan's partner and would be girlfriend. She has had some very meaty story lines and is very good. But I love Blue Blods anyway.....

Super Contributor

Yes, I still  miss AMC so much!