Honored Contributor

I'm watching a different version of Little Women

Always liked the black and white of this, then the one with June Allison came out. This one has Susan Sarrandian (sp?) in it.  Beautiful photography in it.  That's 3, I feel like there was one other.  But the story is so wonderful.  I love this time period in movies.

Do you have a favorite in this one?

Kind of like "A Christmas Carole".  There's about 4 versions of that one too I think.

What do you think, and enjoy?

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm watching a different version of Little Women

It is a 1994 version with Susan Sarandon and Wyonna Ryder

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

I first went with my parents as a child to visit Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House in Concord, MA. I still try to get there every few years or so. It's absolutely wonderful....especially at Christmas when the house is decorated for the season.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

via wikipedia.....  

Film

Besides silent versions in 1917 and 1918, Little Women was filmed by George Cukor in 1933, Mervyn LeRoy in 1949, David Lowell Rich in 1978, and Gillian Armstrong in 1994.[47]

In January 2017, a Little Women film was announced with a casting call[48] The film is to be produced by Maclain Nelson and Jake Van Wagoner.

Television

Little Women was adapted into a television musical, in 1958, by composer Richard Adler for CBS.[49] Little Women has been made into a serial three times by the BBC: in 1950 (when it was shown live), in 1958, and in 1970. [50]

In the 1980s, two anime series were made in Japan Little Women in 1981 and Tales of Little Women in 1987. Both anime series were dubbed in English and shown on American television as well. In 2012, The March Sisters at Christmas, used the characters of the novel, set in 2012, concerned their house would be sold,[51] was aired, directed by John Simpson.[52]

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I LOVE the Susan Sarandon/Winona Ryder version with Gabriel??  Byrne.  I probably like it even better than the Katharine Hepburn one.  Never liked June Allyson so skipped it.

Super Contributor

There are nearly too many variations of "A Christmas Carol" to count.   I like the version with Alistair Sim and the earlier one with Gene Lockhart.  But my favorite for aesthetics is the 1983 or '84 version with George C. Scott -- plus in that film he's not so much a caricature as a believable human being.

There is a 90s (?) version called "Ebbie" in which Susan Lucci plays "Elizabeth Scrooge," a department store manager.  Very cool.  Also caught a ver early version on TCM a couple of years ago -- early 1930s -- that was pretty good.  There's one with Cecily Tyson called "Ms. Scrooge" that I haven't had a chance to view yet but look forward to. 

The only version I don't like is the one with Patrick Stewart of Star Trek fame. 

Esteemed Contributor

The only Little Women version i liked was with Katherine Hepburn....thought she was terrific...............and as far as A Christmas Carol.......Alistair Sim was the BEST Scrooge ever in the 1951 version.....

Respected Contributor

I also like the Katherine Hepburn version ... Elizebeth Taylor ...Mary Astor..

Janet Leigh....Peter Lawford ....and to me the cutiest child actor of the

time .. Margaret O'Brien ....