Honored Contributor

Re: I'm tired of being told....

Oh dear.  I think we have run out of things to complain about!  What on earth do you expect people to do?  Ignore what's going on?  How strange would that be, Woman Frustrated

I think some naps are needed.  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I think people DO need to be reminded that things are rough all over so cut others some slack.  I much prefer those pull together bits to the IDIOTIC  saying this is the 'New Normal"   We are in a state of flux.  Surges and flattening curves.  This is NOT normal and if it is... we have not yet begun to cry. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well I for one am happy that there is nothing else bad happening in the world. I don't know the last time I heard about a crime being committed and natural disasters are absent too. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Like most of you, I've grown tired of hearing all the COVID-19 related phrases, so I won't waste my energy listing them.  I try not to turn on the news at all, except for 30-minutes of the local evening news.  The one & only thing I need in my life to lean on, whether faced with adversity or prosperity, is the Word of God...period.  I don't need any "pep talk" from anyone on TV, especially Hollywood people.  I just laugh when these commercials come on, and go about my day, giving thanks to God for his magnificent grace.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me at all. I think it's sweet. Woman Happy

Such an inoffensive thing to bunch up one's drawers over.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

I watched Twilight Zone way back when it was originally on TV.  So I am old. It never really scared me, but I found it to be very interesting and imaginative.  They were stories that you knew could never be true, but then again, maybe.  It is one of the best TV series ever.  As far as the whole world shutting down because of this virus?  Maybe Twilight Zone wasn't so unreal  after all.

Honored Contributor

What's offensive is for those with financial security and live in mansions to claim we are all in it together to those who live in tiny apartments, have lost their job, lost their friends and family and even in good times live paycheck to paycheck. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

What's offensive is for those with financial security and live in mansions to claim we are all in it together to those who live in tiny apartments, have lost their job, lost their friends and family and even in good times live paycheck to paycheck. 

@occasionalrain All that and being preached to by fellow posters who appear to think we're all just supposed to suck it up without ever just coming right out and saying 'you know, this sucks'... 

Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

This is the 'new normal'  .... it's not normal.  I don't want it to be the new normal.  I'm one of the 'seniors' but have been very lucky since the get go.  Been social distancing and limiting my time out. I haven't seen my grand daughters in a month and don't know when I'll see them. We normally have Sunday dinners together, but because of the 'new normal' ... well say no more.  

Anyways ... I think people realize things will change but they must change their habits as well. Some of what we're doing now should have been done already -- washing hands, keeping a safe distance etc.  

I hope and pray that this starts to 'flatten' (there's that word too) and we can get on with some sort of a life and get back to our families.  

My friend's mother passed away last week and they're telling the family they can't bury her until this summer.  

Let's just keep on distancing and washing our hands and practicing good hygiene.  

Helen852
Honored Contributor

It just a commercial to me and I usually ff those anyway.