Honored Contributor

Re: I'm tired of being told....

ShaggyGirl: Anyone remember the theme song from the Dukes of Hazzard? That's what I think of when I hear  "flattening the curve".

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

I'm glad I'm still here to hear the reminders. I think they're positive public messages.

Respected Contributor

I was going to post and ask if anyone besides me are tired of the celebrity endorsements  stating that we are in this together.    I guess they are supposed to make them see more relatable to us.   To me, it just seems like they are using this to promote the networks.

I've noticed that Hallmark is now doing this by showing Lacey Chabert, Holly Peete and Candice Cameron Bure.    As if anyone of these actresses can relate to being unemployed and worrying about paying your rent or concerned about how you are going to get childcare if you are still going to work.  

I'm sure these are meant to boost everyone up but the overabundance of them just becomes annoying after a while.

Valued Contributor

I could scream.  I don't know which I hate more that or the term social distancing.  As soon as see these PA's or commercials I change the channel.  There's a commerical on the radio locally where I live for a supermarket where they advertise to get your Easter ham and to remember to sit 6 feet at the dinner table.  I laughed and thought to myself what moron came up with this radio spot.  

Super Contributor

Some of us need to think before we say things,if they didn't say it you would be  talking about that also. It amazes me how we react to things good or bad. Some of us are going through some of the worst times in our lives and anything kind makes their day. This is serious and we all in this situation and no cure has been found yet.

They really don't know how it started, but I do know this we all have to be safe and careful. Some of us have never spent that much time in the homes we pay for, up until now the saying was we did"t have much time in the day for  the things we needed to. We were all doing things that we thought were near and dear to us. Now we have the time to reflect and see that there is something in life that will take us out of comfort zone. It is better to say it, than to not say at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We are all in this together. These commercials remind me of CHEERS !!

Yes, it's an obvious and trite response.  Tonight a caller on sports talk was commenting about  how hard it's been for him.  The host replied that we're all in this together and we'll help you get through it.  Hoo boy.  I bet the caller feels better already.

Honored Contributor

We are all waiting to hear something positive, uplifting and hopeful.  But since it isn't at that point yet we are being reminded of what we need to do to help ourselves and each other.

I don't care how certain statements are repeated over and over, as long as it is the truth, factual and coming from experts.  The lies, propaganda, sugarcoating needs to stop.

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I thought I was the only one tired of all that. If I never hear "social distancing" again, it will be too soon.

Add to that: "flatten the curve".

Frequent Contributor

I am looking around corners to see if Rod Serling is there.

He needs to confirm that we are indeed in the Twilight Zone.

Honored Contributor

At least they aren't singing, "We Are The World".

I've been sing, "Staying Alive, Staying Alive" and my cat is not best pleased.

What's more cringey for me is the neighborhood porch clapping and singalongs. I expect Larry Welk to show up.