Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm really out of touch with who is supposed to be like the major box office male and female.

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

You are not out of touch, there isn't anybody.

There are no Stars anymore, there are no lead singers anymore, there isn't any bands to speak of.

There are one hit wonders and then there are one's that may have a hit, take the money and go.   Nothing lasts anymore.

No more Simon Garfunkles, no more David Bowie, no more Chicago, no more Bee Gee's.   

It's a whole different kind of music if you want to call it, one hit wonders and that's about it.

That's my opinion.

@Just Bling 

Does anyone even remember when entertainers could stand alone on a stage with a microphone and hold the attention of the entire venue?    I've seen Neil Diamond, Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand perform and they didn't need anyone else on the stage.  They were perfection.

It appeared to me that as time went along, the less talented the performer, the more people they needed on stage with them.  If someone is a talented singer, they don't need a crowd onstage doing manic gyrations and waving their arms wildly ... that's just distraction from the mediocre singer.  JMO

Absolutely agree with you.  Adele is one of the view who can just stand and singSmiley Happy

There are way more than Adele and I love her.  She puts out an album too seldom for me.  There are many songstresses who can stand and sing.  Not all of them rap.  I'm a lover of classic soul and R&B music and there are women out there that can sing circles around Adele....It's just a matter of what YOU like. @sunshine 919 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm really out of touch with who is supposed to be like the major box office male and female.

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@qualitygal   The only one I knew for sure was Robert Downey, Jr., so I Googled it.  Robert Downey, Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johanssen were three that I found.

As far as music, the top pop artists are Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber for a few.  Taylor Swift is very popular.

The top country artists are Chris Stapleton, Luke Bryant, Lady A, Kelsea Ballerini among others.

I don't go to see movies anymore, but I do listen to music.  I listen to both pop and country.  I love musical theatre.

You forgot a few @NickNack .  Just because you might not like or listen to a genre doesn't mean they don't count.

Some of the popular ones at the moment are:

H.E.R.

Bebe Rhexa

Dua Lipa

Taylor Swfit

Toni Braxton

Cardi B

Meghan Thee Stallion

The Migos

Bruno Mars

Anderson Paak

@gertrudecloset   I don't know why you would think I didn't mention artists or genres because I didn't like them.  I just wanted to give her some answers.  I just quickly typed a few names.  Those aren't even necessarily the artists that I listen to.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@qualitygal   The only one I knew for sure was Robert Downey, Jr., so I Googled it.  Robert Downey, Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johanssen were three that I found.

As far as music, the top pop artists are Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran, Justin Bieber for a few.  Taylor Swift is very popular.

The top country artists are Chris Stapleton, Luke Bryant, Lady A, Kelsea Ballerini among others.

I don't go to see movies anymore, but I do listen to music.  I listen to both pop and country.  I love musical theatre.

You forgot a few @NickNack .  Just because you might not like or listen to a genre doesn't mean they don't count.

Some of the popular ones at the moment are:

H.E.R.

Bebe Rhexa

Dua Lipa

Taylor Swfit

Toni Braxton

Cardi B

Meghan Thee Stallion

The Migos

Bruno Mars

Anderson Paak

@gertrudecloset   I don't know why you would think I didn't mention artists or genres because I didn't like them.  I just wanted to give her some answers.  I just quickly typed a few names.  Those aren't even necessarily the artists that I listen to.

@NickNackI say that because if you searched without specifying genre some of the names I mentioned would have come up.  Your search was specific to what you listen to, that's obvious.  If I did a general search for top singers of today, the results would likely include some of the artists I mentioned.  Mines would be a broader search.  That's why I deduced what I did.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@JamandBread wrote:

I love some of the new musical acts. Camilla Cabello, Doja Cat, H.E.R., Shawn Mendes, Justin Beiber ( though not new) Bruno Mars and Silksonic, even some Travis Scott, just to name a few. These are all highly talented musicians who collaborate with so many others. It amazes me how excellent some of this new crop of artists are. Though on our way to dinner, Do You Feel Like I Do, by Peter Frampton came on and Lord, there's nothing better!

@JamandBread  I enjoy H.E.R. who collaborates a lot.  When you're highly sought after you get to make that extra $$$ with collabs.  I don't listen to rap at all but I know who they are because of my son and grandson.

I listen to anything. Some of the stuff I find distasteful, but I can find songs I like here and there and I'll relisten. I like the Justin Beiber/Chance the Rapper rendition of Holy, for example. H.E.R. Is terrific. Those grandsons are keeping you young!

Honored Contributor

One thing I don't do is listen to music I don't like and/or watch movies or shows that I don't care for.

They may be wildly popular, but I'm not missing out on anything and it will be fine.

The sun will still rise and the sun will still set.Woman Wink