Honored Contributor

I'm putting on West Wing in the background here.

I've watched this many times.  It's like putting on comfortable slippers.  I love the lighting, the music, the characters.  These are all great actors too.

Do you have a series you do this with too?  It's my calm in the storm.  Hunting up something decent to watch wears me out sometimes.

Do you have shows you just won't bother tapping into?  I don't do horror, get tired of guns, knives, blood.

I ask you is there anything wrong with a good story anymore?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm putting on West Wing in the background here.

@qualitygal 

We must be sisters at heart regarding TV.

Love this series and could watch it over and over.  Saw it the first time around and adored it.  Your description of it as being like "putting on a comfortable pair of slippers" is perfect.

Good actors made for great TV.  Hate violence, bloody horry, explicit scenes.  

I think that is why I am drawn to many old movies.  They had interesting characters and stories that drew me in.

Now, it's just a wasteland (in my opinion).

Esteemed Contributor

This is one of my favorite shows of all time!!! i LOVE the West Wing!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Aaron Sorkin is the best!

When we elected the last president, I wanted to know why we couldn’t vote for Jed Bartlett!

Honored Contributor

I really loved watching this series. I think for me it was the fast back and forth witty comments. I really had to pay close attention as they talked fast; the writers were fantastic!

Honored Contributor

I do the same with Midsomer Murders.  It's not so much gore and violence, at least in the sense of American TV.  I like the characters and setting in traditional English villages and countryside.