Trusted Contributor

Re: I like Hallmark Christmas movies.....BUT

I only recently started watching some of these. Never even knew where this channel was until I fell on it by accident a few weeks ago. She really is a bad actress but it makes the guy stand out as a good actor even more. Plus he's adorable.

Esteemed Contributor

She can't really sing all that great either. I heard a Christmas song the other day and had to see who was doing the caterwauling. It was her. Don't remember which song it was but it was bad. 

Esteemed Contributor

My DH won't care.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Yeah, that episode was one of the worst but I can barely watch most of that Hallmark milk toast with its recycling of the same actors.  Christmas and Valentines is about six months worth of reruns each.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

Derek has a loyal following especially at his concerts. Have been to 3 when they came to town and, from all reports and live video from other venues, sold out crowds. He was smart to branch out and try other options...dancing is very hard on the body even at his age.

Regular Contributor

I don't watch for the lead actress I watch for the leading man and the one in that movie (new this year, she was in a different Christmas last year with Wes Brown) is so yummy.

Tyler Hynes. I think he is good. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb. It is of course because the artist has ab following so HM thinks it will pick up his or her audience in addition to its regular Xmas movie watchers. Let's face it: the regular stable of actors aren't exactly Oscar caliber so.... getting someone popular from another genre isn't that much of a slide downward. 😄
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee  Too true about the usual Hallmark 'stable'... Some are better than others but overall, there's a reason they're on Hallmark, over and over again and again...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Can't stand that annoying accent -- don't know if it's exaggerated or what, but it's not cute or adorable like she probably thinks.

Her hair looks awful...and it looks like she got implants (or something).

Honored Contributor

All of the Hallmark moves have terrible actors. Same story over and over, different people playing the parts. Who watches this stuff anyway???

"Pure Michigan"