Trusted Contributor

Re: I like Hallmark Christmas movies.....BUT

Totally agree.  What I can't believe is that this is her 3rd Hallmark movie.  Her acting abilities haven't improved at all.  She is the same in all three.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the years I've seen Kellie Pickler interviewed and she always came across as very nice, very polite and very down to earth. She's a good singer. An actress she is NOT.

So far the few new Hallmark movies that I've seen have really been disappointing. I'm hoping that some of the new upcoming ones that will be featuring my favorite actors will be better.

Trusted Contributor

I have to say finding Gregory Harrison is playing the dad and not the love interest in some of these movies is devasting to my dream that I'm not aging.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I have to say finding Gregory Harrison is playing the dad and not the love interest in some of these movies is devasting to my dream that I'm not aging.

I know what you mean.   I remember when he was the hot young doctor in Trapper John.  

Now seeing him cast as the older character mentoring to the younger firefighter such as he did in "The Nine Lives Of Christmas" really makes me feel old.  

It's such a shock to the system when we see our teenage crushes being cast as dads or even grandfathers.  Lol!

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I must agree. I tried to watch her movie and had to shut it. I like the Hallmark movies, but I admit it the acting is not the greatest, but she is beyond bad. I cannot believe that someone would put her in a movie and pay her. 

They keep doing it, too. That's Kellie Pickler's third Hallmark movie in 12 months.

Respected Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Can't stand that annoying accent -- don't know if it's exaggerated or what, but it's not cute or adorable like she probably thinks.

Her hair looks awful...and it looks like she got implants (or something).

That accent is the thing that really makes me unable to watch her in the Hallmark movies.    I definitely feel that she exaggerates it.    I've seen many other actors and actresses who come from the southern states and they don't talk like that.  

I guess it's supposed to be part of her charm.   From the above comments I don't think it's working for most of us.    It's also obvious that she can't act worth a darn.  

Honored Contributor

While I watched that one, I do think her singing voice is much nicer than her speaking voice. As far as acting, I'll grade her on the Hallmark curve and give her 5 of 10 ❄ snowflakes!

Honored Contributor

They have the cheesiest and worst actors ever on these cheap roll  them out  by the dozen movies.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only watched the movie for Tyler Hynes, love him.  I like Kellie Picker's music but she is a terrible actress

Trusted Contributor

I love the fluff of these Hallmark movies as sometimes real life can be just too real.  I don'tlike Kelli Pickler as an actress.  When she was interviewed on Home and Family she just talked normal and did NOT have that annoying accent.  I am glad the Next Graceland Christmas movie does not have her in it.

It was a cute movie just would have preferred a better actress