Respected Contributor

I like Hallmark Christmas movies.....BUT

I really do enjoy most of them.  But there is one on right now called The Mistletoe Secret.  Kellie Pickler is the female lead.  She is quite possibly the worst actress I have ever seen.

I kept thinking it would get better...and SHE would get better...as the story unfolded, but no.  She recites her lines with no animation at all.  I think she is a singer?  Should probably stick to music.  Hallmark is pushing their luck with this one.  

Turning the channel now!

Honored Contributor

Re: I like Hallmark Christmas movies.....BUT

[ Edited ]

Yet another instance that leads one to question why the entertainment industry so often tries to take an artist successful in one medium and force fit them into another where they have no talent. They must assume, perhaps somewhat justifiably, that the audience is naive enough to fall for it. Pickler is awful and why Hallmark insists on continuing to front her as an actress is beyond me. She also needs to tame the accent, at least minimally.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I thought the sane.  Not an actress.

Trusted Contributor

Had to change to changer the channel too.

Contributor

Kellie Pickler is a Country Singer... She was on America Idol . She should stay to singing only. I watched that movie last year and have to agree with you..

Respected Contributor

.Thanks for the warning.....

Valued Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority.  I liked it.  I enjoyed seeing Patrick Duffy too.  

Respected Contributor

I must agree. I tried to watch her movie and had to shut it. I like the Hallmark movies, but I admit it the acting is not the greatest, but she is beyond bad. I cannot believe that someone would put her in a movie and pay her. 

Respected Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority.  I liked it.  I enjoyed seeing Patrick Duffy too.  

I did think Patrick Duffy was doing a good job.  I hadn't seen him in along time.

Respected Contributor

Have to agree, did not think that movie was so great. I think it’s their agents who push them to try different things. I noticed the same with Derek Hough, so successful and popular on DWTS and now not so much as he has branched into other areas. Really think he has lost a lot of his popularity over it.