Respected Contributor

Re: I know This Much Is True

I watched the first show. To me, it's a little intense. Years ago, I read "She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb and thought he was a very good author. I'll watch again next week and see if I want to contine watching after that. I'm not saying that the series isn't good; it's me. I'm often in the mood for something lighter or uplifting lately.

Honored Contributor

I'm still watching, poor Dominick, what a life he has. I do have a question, he was in a car accident, he was on a lot of morphine, did he really fall off the roof after seeing the man through the window kill himself, or was everything a hallucination? In the hospital they didn't mention the car accident or the fall.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't watch last night's yet,  the acting is great but the story is so difficult and depressing it's hard to stick with this show,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2  

I'm disappointed I missed it, don't have HBO and Mark Ruffalo is one of my favorite actors.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Argh!  I'm three episodes behind and feeling overwhelmed.  Is this worth watching?   Unfortunately, it's been so long since I watched E01 that I don't remember what's going on.    Maybe I should go to HBO Go and re-watch E01.  *sigh*  I get in my own way a lot.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Argh!  I'm three episodes behind and feeling overwhelmed.  Is this worth watching?   Unfortunately, it's been so long since I watched E01 that I don't remember what's going on.    Maybe I should go to HBO Go and re-watch E01.  *sigh*  I get in my own way a lot.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt it's certainly not a feel good series, a real downer. Mark Ruffalo is exceptional in this playing both Thomas and Dominick. I hope come Emmy time he gets a nomination ( I know some don't like Rosie O'Donnell I do and she is also good in this).

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt it's certainly not a feel good series, a real downer. Mark Ruffalo is exceptional in this playing both Thomas and Dominick. I hope come Emmy time he gets a nomination ( I know some don't like Rosie O'Donnell I do and she is also good in this).

Thanks, Jordan!  Smiley Happy   I also like Rosie O'Donnell and, now that you've reminded me she is on it, I think that was one reason I decided to tune in.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm still watching, poor Dominick, what a life he has. I do have a question, he was in a car accident, he was on a lot of morphine, did he really fall off the roof after seeing the man through the window kill himself, or was everything a hallucination? In the hospital they didn't mention the car accident or the fall.

I would like to know this too

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I would like to know this too

@Jordan2 @granddi....Yes, poor Dominick had two accidents...In Episode 4, we see him after the car accident with facial injuries that he sustained and he is with his friend, Leo, waiting for the insurance rep. to come to get information on the accident...They didn't show him actually being in the hospital.

We find out, from his conversation with Leo, that he was released after being examined and Leo asks him if they gave him anything at the hospital for the pain...Dominick tells him that they gave him pain pills but he didn't want to take them with the insurance rep. coming as he was concerned that they would have an affect on him.

He did take a couple of pain pills afterwards just before heading to his job at the house ...It appears that he was starting to have some affects from the pain pills while working on the house...It was after his fall from the roof that we see him in the hospital with serious injuries and he is given a morphine pump to use...A Physician's Asst. explains to him some of the injuries that he sustained and he goes through some hallucinations from the morphine while in the hospital...I don't know what more poor Dominick can go through...He has had to bear quite a bit throughout his life.

Mark Ruffalo is fantastic in his dual role and the young actor playing him as a teenager in the dual role is also very good.

It definitely is a very dark and intense series of which I don't usually gravitate to...I'm a fan of Mark Ruffalo so I decided to try and stay with it.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove @I did see all you cited, but it is odd a man committed suicide and no mention is made of it. Seeing something like that must take a toll on your mental health. Dominick is in no position to take over the care of Thomas. For better for worse Thomas should be in a facility, hopefully a decent one.