Esteemed Contributor

I just noticed our local NBC channel is gone............

some dispute between Nexstar (I think) Direct TV.  I didn't care until it hit me all the Chicago (PD, Fire, and Med) are NBC shows. There are the only NBC shows I watch.  Hopefully they will reslove it before the new season.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I just noticed our local NBC channel is gone............

We have Direct TV Now and have the same thing going on. Very irritating. They each blame the other. I agree in that I can live without it now ( I flipped over to the local ABC affiliate for my local news) but also hope it resolves before the fall shows come out.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona (if that matters) and I still have NBC with Direct TV. 

Honored Contributor

Here everyone is complaining about Direcy TV dropping the local CBS affliate.  I have a cheap interior antenna on which I get all the local station so I'll never be without.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Here in Northern Virginia the NBC station has been making announcements that even if you are receiving their signal with an antenna you must reconfigure your television set as the signal is changing August 1.

Honored Contributor

I do not watch local network tv.

The only way I would know they were gone is if I went to watch Survivor or The Amazing Race and it was blacked out.  Those are the only two programs I watch on a local network.

Respected Contributor

We have Spectrum Cable and this happened to us a few months ago when they were negotiating.  Lately, we are missing the YES Network.  They keep saying: "Have patience."  We are baseball fans, so this channel is missed.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here we aren’t receiving our local ABC affiliate over the same type of dispute. 

My family can't watch Jeopardy! until they sort this out. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have even known. 

These disputes are becoming a constant. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I live in southern Alabama and have DirecTV.  We no longer have our local NBC or CBS channels.  What a pain in the tush.  Have to switch between satellite and antenna to catch all my shows.  Have to watch these channels live, instead of DVR'ing and watching when I want to.  Hope they come to an agreement soon (before college football starts)!

Regular Contributor

It's all about the money and if you ask me neither one of these companies are in poverty or hurting financially. All they do is increase our rates and keep wanting more!!