Respected Contributor

I just finished my Leftovers last night.

Anyone else like Leftovers.

Honored Contributor

Re: I just finished my Leftovers last night.

We are ordering in tonight, supporting the sandwich shop up the street and then tomorrow eating left overs from last night

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I love leftovers too, @MW in Iowa !  I made simple "Rice Fats Waller" with shrimp for us last night, and finished the small amount left for lunch today.

We've been 'supporting' Subway by using up our coupons there and getting takeout.  Most of our local places are doing curbside pick-up and an expanded take-out business, and am so hoping they can survive!  Foresee getting lots of takeout in future...

Regular Contributor

👎

Respected Contributor

I know this is bad  ,but i did it on purpose , The series The Leftovers on HBO , starring Justin Theroux about The Rapture and the aftermath for the people that were left , it was excellent , No spoilers but i was kind of let down with the ending , i had to limit myself to 2 episodes per night , i liked it that much. Anyone watch this ? 3 seasons .

Trusted Contributor

We do that all the time.  We cook a big meal on sunday and then eat off it for a few days.  

Trusted Contributor

I  always double the recipy for that very reason. It nice to have good homemade food for dinner.

We just had a 2.8 aftershock. Really rattled the house.

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa 

Some things are better leftover.

I like tomato-based dishes better on 2nd and 3rd day.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I know this is bad  ,but i did it on purpose , The series The Leftovers on HBO , starring Justin Theroux about The Rapture and the aftermath for the people that were left , it was excellent , No spoilers but i was kind of let down with the ending , i had to limit myself to 2 episodes per night , i liked it that much. Anyone watch this ? 3 seasons .

Yeah, I watched the show when it was on HBO and, going in, it was pretty good for a while.  Then it just got kind of weirder and less relatable but I stuck around.   I remember being glad when it was done.

To be honest, and this is my memory issue, I don't even remember anything about how it ended at this point.  

Regular Contributor

I love leftovers ~ always have.  I remember growing up, there wasn't much money. My Mom was a single parent (divorced) with five of us still at home and making probably minimum wage.  My sweet Mom would have "a little bit of this" and "a little bit of that".  It was always one of my favorite meals. Sorry, but I don't understand those that do not like leftovers and / or will not eat them.  I was always grateful (and still am ) that there was food on the table.  And to be quite honest, while I love to cook, I do  enjoy a night of nothing more to do than reheat leftovers.