Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  Oh my yes the packages... They're nothing more than a forced choice designed to be able to justify exorbitant prices for still more mediocrity to consumers whose only real choice is to sign up for them or not. Of course, not signing up for them will leave one with even fewer watchable options...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

My TV is mostly on for background noise as I live alone.  I grew up in a family of 10 and my mom/wife life always was kid central.  TV is my security blanket lol.  I am very selective what I watch.  I just wish all commercials would go away forever!

Esteemed Contributor

I discovered a cute show called, B Positive.  It has Linda Lavin in it.  Funny sitcom for 30 min about a young girl that inherited a million dollars or so from an elder person in an senior home she worked in.  She brought a home for seniors and the story lines are cute and funny.  Jane Seymour plays a sexy senior, who has her eye on one of the guys and he doesn't know what to do.  They finally got together, and it was funny and you may have to be a senior to get it.

There are some good old actors in it, Ben Verine, spelling may not be correct, but I'm a senior and CRS.  

It makes you laugh at any age.  They are in their 3rd season.  I found it from reading a comment on it in these post.

I also DVR everything, so I can FF.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I haven't found many shows or programs that I enjoy on "regular" TV for a long time now.  I have enjoyed watching Young Sheldon and Blacklist but Young Sheldon is aging out and the story line is kind of silly now and Blackllist is get boring.  No new shows really catch my attention.  We do have Netflix and Disney Plus but don't watch it as much as we thought we would.  Disney Plus has been great for my husband because of The Madalorina and Bobba Fett (Star Wars stuff), but once the 6 or so episodes is over, it takes so long for something new to come out.  There are some shows and programs that caught my eye on streaming sights but we'd have to pay for so many because they're all on different streaming channels it would cost a fortune and that's not happening.  

@ScrapHappy   I so agree with you about Young Sheldon.  I enjoy it & all of the characters on the show, but as Sheldon is growing up, he is outgrowing the part in a way.  Years ago, same thing happened with Leave it to Beaver & Dennis the Menace.  Once they get past their cute, precocious stage the shows just aren't as good.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Was going to watch this new movie about a man who operates Uber.  It didn't last 5 minutes.  Too much foul talk.  It's just too much to me some days.  It's like being attacked and I can watch the new to get the grief out there if I want that.

Give me animals and no commercials for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I must be the odd man out, because I love TV, I just pick and choose what I like to watch and ignore the rest.

No, you're not odd at all.  I love TV too.

@gertrudecloset

@KingstonsMom 

I'd like to join you

Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

So why aren't you looking at what other networks offer?

Personally, I would think that you could find interesting programming on networks like Smithsonian, History, PBS, BBC,  classic movies if that's your taste, etc etc.   

A lot of the networks air stuff I wouldn't bother with, but with what seems like eight gazillion channels out there, you should be able to find something that would be worth investigating.

JMO, of course.

Honored Contributor

@Midmod 

You're right - there's a lot of trashy shows/commercials.

I'm a bit older than you.

Back in 1998 - i cancelled all my premium stations, and stopped tuning into all the MSM news and TV channels.  

I'm usually tuned into the Science channel,  National Geographics, History of EWTN.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Midmod 

You're right - there's a lot of trashy shows/commercials.

I'm a bit older than you.

Back in 1998 - i cancelled all my premium stations, and stopped tuning into all the MSM news and TV channels.  

I'm usually tuned into the Science channel,  National Geographics, History of EWTN.

Recipe TV and Create PBS are my go to's

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Give me 40 lashes with a wet noodle but I like watching live tournament programming on the Golf channel.  Same with tennis and NASCAR.

@deepwaterdotter We watch a lot of tennis, and husband watches a lot of golf.  Odd though, that you can watch golf with your eyes closed, unlike tennis. . . Woman Wink