Honored Contributor

@Malcontent    You must have a wonderful marriage.  This isn't the first time you've made a crack about ignoring and avoiding your husband.  Makes me wonder why you stayed married for years?  I guess your name says it all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love Gunsmoke. Old time Westerns. TCM and the old movies.

Ice road truckers, Highway thru H*ll, Mountain Men. No naked floozies, old time values, decent viewing. Commercials now days are worse then the shows.

Honored Contributor

I am not a big TV watcher.  I mostly watch late at night.  My DH turns the TV on as soon as he gets up in the morning and as long as he is indoors, it is on all day.

He watches movies...over and over again and when I ask him how he can stand to do that, he says he has never seen the whole thing...he fell to sleep.

I just learned to ignore the TV on in the  background.  I just tell myself, I know where my DH is.  He is not running around or out drinking like others I know.

If I lived alone, I probably would not pay for TV service. It's not worth it to me.

I just lay on the couch and get out my IPad  or a book and turn to my second love, which is reading.

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

@Bhvbum So you agree settling down with a good book is far better than watching the current tv programs. There's no need to argue the OP's point. Wouldn't it serve better to say, "agree.. I choose to read."? 

I agree that reading is better than watching TV.  i felt this way all of my life.

I hope you're not going to attack me about this like you did bhvbum.  She is free to participate on this forum like everyone else. You have no right to try to censor what she writes.

It would NOT be better to say " agree..I choose to read."

Valued Contributor

FOX NEWS, TLC, and HGTV. That's all hubby and I watch, yet, we pay an outrageous amount for our service. 99% of the channels are garbage. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

We get Oklahoma City news channels and we were talking today about how the CBS local newscasts and news shows have declined.  They have little information--just news bites.

The bulk of the show is focused on the on-air people in news, weather and sports.  And any time there is a grass fire, a wreck, or four flakes of snow they stop all programming and get their mugs on screen.  They show films of their families rather than how local roads are, their pets, and on and on.  

You can't watch a show without some news bulletin that goes on and on (I mean how much can one say about a grass fire?) or even completely takes up the time slot.

Sorry to carry on but today I just said NO MORE CBS local "news" and my spouse readily agreed!  

Respected Contributor

Maybe stick with PBS, documentaries especially on Netflix etc. , and TMC... they have merit. 

Esteemed Contributor
Isn't it wonderful that there is so much available to choose from for our entertainment?  We can watch TV, read, game sites, even listen to the radio.  Within the choices there are limitless choices.  
If anyone cares, I love my TV, and can always find something to watch.  I record most programs and FF through commercials.  I also like sports
@Midmod  South Park has been on TV for 25 years so a lot of people love it.  It's always been irreverent and hasn't changed.
@kitcat51 I still like Cartman and Kenny best.
Just enjoy whatever choice you make.  

Honored Contributor

Glad you specified choices, @Bhvbum 

It's never clear to me why some seem to make it an either/or situation rather than both/and.

There's plenty of time and circumstances for both.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@HonestLife wrote:

@Bhvbum So you agree settling down with a good book is far better than watching the current tv programs. There's no need to argue the OP's point. Wouldn't it serve better to say, "agree.. I choose to read."? 

I agree that reading is better than watching TV.  i felt this way all of my life.

I hope you're not going to attack me about this like you did bhvbum.  She is free to participate on this forum like everyone else. You have no right to try to censor what she writes.

It would NOT be better to say " agree..I choose to read."

Especially since that's not at all what she said.

Her emphasis is on choice, not just her preferred option.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.