Trusted Contributor

Re: I hate the new Phyllis on Y&R today!

On 9/11/2014 RINGER said:

Come on guys, quit being so harsh!! The actress is just coming out of a coma so if you expect her to be more animated, that is unrealistic! Phyllis is pretty but this actress once glamed up I bet will be lovely too so how about giving her the benefit of a doubt.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

The "actress" acted in a newly filmed flashback scene w/Jack - THAT is where they had no chemistry.

Honored Contributor

So she just comes out of her coma and trots off??!!!Her muscles would be atrophied some and she would be very weak!!!! That is so far fetched.

I'm willing to accept her as Phyllis. There have been some really bad recasts lately and this one isn't that bad - except for the red hair.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I never thought Michelle was pretty at all, so I don't know what to say about that. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Well, all I can say now is give New Phyllis a chance. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I'm with you, Tinkerbl44. I didn't think she was pretty at all -- much less beautiful. I didn't care for the "old" Phyllis at all. Hopefully, the new Phyllis will grow on me.

Respected Contributor

On 9/11/2014 KathyLFan said:
On 9/11/2014 RINGER said:

Come on guys, quit being so harsh!! The actress is just coming out of a coma so if you expect her to be more animated, that is unrealistic! Phyllis is pretty but this actress once glamed up I bet will be lovely too so how about giving her the benefit of a doubt.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

The "actress" acted in a newly filmed flashback scene w/Jack - THAT is where they had no chemistry.

Give her a little time to get into the groove....

Trusted Contributor

There have been so many recasts, so many stupid plots - depending on who is Victoria's baby daddy & what the new Adam is like - after over 40 yrs of Y&R, I may just stop watching. It is just not what it used to be, period. (I know things change - I hate change!) It is becoming a waste of my retirement time.

Trusted Contributor

I really liked Phyllis - and MS in the role - in her pre-Nick days. But that disgusting relationship, and the writing that has followed for Phyllis ever since, permanently soured me on the character. I was really glad when that obnoxious, screeching banshee took that header down the stairs last year; I only wish it had killed her.
Honored Contributor

Kathy I don't sit and watch it like I used to (either show) but I look at some of it until I set sick to my stomach and change the channel or walk out of the room.

That was unbelievable when that young girl was forced to marry that old man and wear the wedding dress and then he walks away??? What??

I think it's as if these writers are trying to get rid of these two shows!

I say to myself, "Can these two shows get much worse?" But then they continue to get worse. This is crazy.

We are watching the death of two shows that shouldn't be allowed to end, but I'm afraid it's happening.