Honored Contributor

Re: I hate TV when it gets close to Halloween.

I just read where Jamie Lee Curtis is doing yet another Michael Myers film.

In this one she's the mother of a teen daughter who is being terrorized by Michael Myers or somebody like him. Another slasher zombie.

Shoot, Michael Myers would be 80 by now and couldn't slash air. LOL

original was 1978

This one comes out the 19th and called 'Halloween' again. Jamie is looking long in the tooth.  They won't let these old hit movies die a silent death LOL

Respected Contributor

I’m not into ?Halloween, either, but my response to the original poster is simple: Why watch? Don’t you have anything else to do but watch TV? Turn it off!

Honored Contributor

We put out some decorations and look forward to handing out candy. If a TV show has a Halloween theme, so be it.

Honored Contributor

I got a friend who watches a lot of the  Hallmark movies. LOL

Honored Contributor

I can't stand Halloween decor in my home, but like to see other people do things up for the holiday. 

I don't watch much scary Halloween stuff, but love the Halloween episodes of The Middle, Rosanne, and Home Improvement. 

I enjoy Hocus Pocus and will watch it any time of year, and of course It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is wonderful too.

Respected Contributor

Halloween is my second favorite holiday. I love scary movies, especially slashers, but don't enjoy zombie or torture films. So bring it on. I much prefer a scary film to a sappy, predictable rom com any day of the week. It's a time for people to have fun and express themselves.
Honored Contributor

1%23jokey.gif

Respected Contributor

I like Halloween although I don't watch anything especially Halloweeny. What I do dislike are all the sappy Christmas movies that are shown ad infinitum after Halloween. But then again, I have the choice not to watch them, so I don't.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Halloween has been marketed so heavily that I read it is second only to Christmas in revenue...amazing to me. When I was a kid it was only about dressing up as a farmer or a ghost and going to your neighbors and getting candy. Period. Now it is promoted with a darker, evil ambiance that seems geared more towards adults...downright scary and bloody....the slasher movies go nonstop and I hate the whole thing. We have had fewer and fewer little kids come to the door and more and more older teens....when I taught high school I told my students if they come to my door on Halloween, don't expect candy, expect a detention!🎃

@lovesrecess  Couldn't agree w/you more!  Yes, as a kid, we dressed in old clothes and put a mask on.  Now days, if you don't have a store bought expensive costume, you're nothing.  And the adults have taken over w/all the horror and more evil meaning, and pass this on to their kids.  Do not like Halloween!

Honored Contributor

Speaking out of order....and not even being asked (but that's never stopped me)....

I'd say, 'the OP knows she can change the channel, read a book, take a walk, etc.'

My idea of what the OP was doing was simply expressing Her/his opinion.  

I'm notorious for saying similar things (read paragraph 2).

However, as I've said before, I have been known to learn 'things' and to have an attitude adjustment.

One of them is to understand a little better when someone is simply expressing an opinion.  

Obviously, he/she knows what is the alternative.....

To @151949 I do what you probably do.  I sometimes feel like I'm the only person I know who hasn't watched the TV show you mentioned (dead people walking).

My wonderful son-in-law has spent so much time trying to talk me (an admitted TV addict) to watch this show more than the one time I TRIED to watch it).

Everyone is different....now I know there are 2 of us.  Thank you so much @151949.....I'm smiling.