Respected Contributor

Re: I hate TV when it gets close to Halloween.

I love TV when its gets close to Halloween.  All those fabulous horror movies.  I hope TCM does a series this year.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I don't like the stupid teenie slasher movies with people running around with axes and chain saws. That's just loony.

I like intelligent movies like George C Scott in 'The Changeling'.

'What LIes Beneath' with Harrison Ford . 

Stephen king movies are good too ! Love 'Carrie'.............

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

ITA

They take a whimsical tradition and make it a frightening and cult activity.

Valued Contributor

I'm on the love Halloween side of the fence.

The old 1922 classic of Nosferatu is one of my all time favorite movies, and not just at Halloween.  Of course Dracula with Bela Lugosi is in the same catagory.  Then there's another classic, 1973 The Wicker Man with Christopher Lee.

Not a fan of the chainsaw wielding type movies.  I prefer spooky over downright disturbing

and yukky. 

Decorating for Halloween now!

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Those funny take offs of the slasher movies are fun, too

makes you laugh at how stupid they are.

People  go into a dark room and don't turn on the light first

huh?

They never call 911 when they're in trouble just figure it will take care of it's self. LOL

Most of those people in those movies are so dumb you wonder  why anybody would bother with them. LOL

Honored Contributor

Halloween has been marketed so heavily that I read it is second only to Christmas in revenue...amazing to me. When I was a kid it was only about dressing up as a farmer or a ghost and going to your neighbors and getting candy. Period. Now it is promoted with a darker, evil ambiance that seems geared more towards adults...downright scary and bloody....the slasher movies go nonstop and I hate the whole thing. We have had fewer and fewer little kids come to the door and more and more older teens....when I taught high school I told my students if they come to my door on Halloween, don't expect candy, expect a detention!🎃

Honored Contributor

I like Halloween always have.  I dont watch the "scary" movies anymore but I would watch them over the sappy Christmas movies anytime.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

When I was a teen I would dress up and take a few kids I babysat with often trick or treating. That way their parents could stay home and hand out the candy, and I'd get paid my babysitting fee for taking them.Since i'd take 3 or 4 kids I'd make quite a haul in a few hours and get candy too.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yes.  I agree with that and the Halloween foolishness starts earlier every year.  But, there are so many channels on tv that it's easy enough to avoid the  Halloween stuff.