Honored Contributor

I had recorded Father Knows Best - Christmas.

I loved that show as a kid growing up.  It reminded me of an old Ed Asner movie, The Homecoming.  Maureen Stapleton was in it too.  Wish it were shown at Christmas time.  I'd say it was a very good one too.  

I'm watching my favorite Christmas Carole movie.  The Lockharts are in it.

Honored Contributor

Re: I had recorded Father Knows Best - Christmas.

I think the movie with Asner and Stapleton was called The Gathering.  On the other hand, I really liked The Homecoming, which inspired The Waltons series.  But I haven't seen it in years.

As for Christmas Carole, is June Lockhart in it?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I think the movie with Asner and Stapleton was called The Gathering.  On the other hand, I really liked The Homecoming, which inspired The Waltons series.  But I haven't seen it in years.

As for Christmas Carole, is June Lockhart in it?

Yes, yes, yes that's it, yes June being a Lockhart too, was in this movie.  Remember it?

Respected Contributor

The Father Knows Best Christmas reunion movie may be on GET TV or Antenna TV closer to Christmas. I agree about enjoying the oldies. This past Sunday The Brady Family Christmas reunion movie was on MeTV, this is the one where parents find out about their dysfunctional family by the end of the movie. I think The Homecoming movie was on INSP before Thanksgiving.
Respected Contributor

The Father's Knows Best reunion was on I think this past Sunday and the original "Walton's" The Homecoming) with Patricia Neal was on last week somtime on the Insp. channel. I watched them both along with the Brady reunion.

Esteemed Contributor

I record all the oldies on the oldies channel Christmas episodes. While some tv series don’t hold up (some do) the Christmas episodes always do. I got Hart to Hart, Magnum PI, Brady Bunch Hazel, Father knows Best and Mary Tyler Moore. Then while I am doing chores I put them on. Cheap entertainment.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I have purchased some DVD's of classic comedy Christmas shows. It's time to get them watched.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I loved that show as a kid growing up.  It reminded me of an old Ed Asner movie, The Homecoming.  Maureen Stapleton was in it too.  Wish it were shown at Christmas time.  I'd say it was a very good one too.  

I'm watching my favorite Christmas Carole movie.  The Lockharts are in it.

@qualitygal  I have never seen Maureen Stapleton in any Father Knows Best episode or the later reunion movies, "Home for Christmas" was the Christmas reunion, and Season one had "The Christmas Story.."

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl,Maureen Stapleton was with Ed Asner in The Gathering.  The Homecoming was on last week with Patricia Neal as Mrs. Walton. I'd love to see the Gathering again.

I switched the 2 titles around.

Truly loved Father Knows Best.