Frequent Contributor

Re: I can’t find anything to watch. Any recommendations?

@10sluvr wrote:

i'm not sure what kind of shows, you want but on Netflix-virgin river and northern rescue are good series. kind of Hallmarkish. On amazon, i love Bosch and an older series Longmire. i liked spencer, confidential, too. just a movie, thought, not a series. Yellowstone, is good too. i think that's A & E. 

goliath on amazon, looks interesting and i might try an episode of that, just don't know much about it.

Definitely give Goliath a shot.  The first two seasons were really good.  Great ensemble cast and great stroy line.  The third season's been released, though I've only watched one epi thus far.  Not feeling it as much as the other two seasons.  It's there on the backburner when I'm ready to watch again.

Esteemed Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i'm not sure what kind of shows, you want but on Netflix-virgin river and northern rescue are good series. kind of Hallmarkish. On amazon, i love Bosch and an older series Longmire. i liked spencer, confidential, too. just a movie, thought, not a series. Yellowstone, is good too. i think that's A & E. 

goliath on amazon, looks interesting and i might try an episode of that, just don't know much about it.

------------ 

Yellowstone is on Paramont and the third season starts on June 21st.  I enjoy the show, but it is not my favorite series!!  Some very unlikable characters on the show. Do love Kevin Costner though  and all the cowboys  on his ranch ...  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime wrote:

A Place To Call Home.  It's on Amazon Prime through Acorn TV for 4.99 a month, you can cancel at anytime.  I did after watching it.  It's six or seven seasons.  Great binge watching!  Each episodes ends with a cliff hanger that makes you need to continue to watch.  Unbelievable character development!  It's an Australian TV Series, very well done!

-----------------

I agree!!  Found it while just clicking through channels.  It is being shown on Ovation on Monday mornings...four episodes at a time.  Might be nearing the end though. Love the scenery!!! Love the characters, even the unlikeable!!!! Am starting to like that mean, difficult mother!!! Think it is also On Demand through Acorn....

Am also starting to watch several of the word/trivia shows!  Like to see if I can answer the questions correctly!!  And have even learned some interesting facts on some of the shows.... For instance. did you know that eating marshmallows can soothe a sore throat???  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I've watched so many things. I've seen just about all the things that show up in every what to watch list. I have Directv with all channels, Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube. Do you have anything to recommend? 

@Mindy D On Amazon Prime Upload, Jack Ryan, Hunters, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Netflix Sweet Magnolias ( I haven't seen it yet), Unorthodox, Lost Girls ( a movie)

On Hulu The Great, Normal People, Mrs. America

Apple TV+ The Morning Show, Defending Jacob, Servant, See, Home Before Dark, Dickinson

Trusted Contributor

The OUTLANDER is a must show series to watch.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Do you get FX or FXX, Or BBC or other regular t.v. movie channels?

Honored Contributor

Hi @Mindy D 

Not sure how I got on this forum  but!  Saw your nic on this post so I thought, what the hey!

Doubt this will help you now, maybe in the future.  I have Dish Network and I DVR every single show I watch, live hockey games/Nascar races etc. I look through their guide on a ton of channels and program them to record.

DVR'd many different genres of video to watch whenever the mood hits. Westerns/WWII documentaries/Electronics, Fitness and on it goes. 

Right now I am watching "Hot Bench", which I have over 15 saved. Like court shows of all kinds, wish they still has "In Session" on HLN with live trials, of course I DVR'd them. 

Don't have any pay channels other than the ones on my Dish Network Choice of tiers. I do, at times, have Amazon Prime, but only Download the free ones to "watch later". 

Won't read up posts, but hope you get some recommendations from those who post here regularly. Stay well 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Kominsky, for sure!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

if you stream

Pluto TV is pretty good

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

If you like history and reality docuseries and you have a remote you can speak into..,say "Victorian Farmhouse " and also "Edwardian Farmhouse". To see if they come up on Tubi?

Delightful series available on Tubi, which is totally free. I didn't even I had access to Tubi.

I found these 9 yr old series by accident just by talk g into my Xfinity remote when I was looking to see of I could find these old PBS series 1900 House, Edwardian House, Frontier House, Iron Age.etc. 

CORRECTION: I got the titles wrong. 

Speak into your remote "Victorian Farm" and "Edwardian Farm"