Esteemed Contributor

Re: I can’t find anything to watch. Any recommendations?

I like the British shows.  I watch a few and want to explore many more.  They are different, many with quirky characters,

and are thoroughly enjoyable.  I began with Doc Martin and was hooked.

Honored Contributor

I agree - the pickings have gotten slim.  I don't watch much TV but once in a while I want to be entertained.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stevie Nix wrote:

Ozark on Netflix

Yes Ozark is great!  It's violent but very well done...good acting, good characters & writing....never a dull moment and you really want to see what happens next.

DH and I started watching over the winter and just finished the current season two days ago...I can't wait to see season 4 but I don't think they have started it yet so who knows when that might be available?

Others that I've enjoyed:

Outlander

Downton Abby (Love it so much I can watch reruns)

Virgin River

Dead to Me

I'm also looking for new suggestions...someone just suggested "Escape the Chateau!" on PBS...will look into that.

Respected Contributor

Outlander is a great series, Bosch written by the NYTimes best selling author Michael Connelly, Peaky Blinders.

Also get lost in a book series, Outlander is a great book series too.  All are available to download free from your local library.  Go online and look for e-books.  I never go to the library, all are on line for free.

Respected Contributor

I love Outlander! I read all the books and the series was true to them until the season that just ended - Season 5. Even so, itwasstill excellent. 

If you have Brit Box, the Death in Paradise series is very good. It's a murder mystery series set on a Caribbean island. The first few seasons ran on PBS, but then they dropped it. It was still going strong in the UK and they might be up to Season 8 or 9 there. 

I also like the old mystery shows that they're showing on Hallmark - Monk, Columbo, Hart to Hart, etc. Besides the story lines, it's fun to see the fashions, cars and other styles from the 70's. 

Respected Contributor

A Place To Call Home.  It's on Amazon Prime through Acorn TV for 4.99 a month, you can cancel at anytime.  I did after watching it.  It's six or seven seasons.  Great binge watching!  Each episodes ends with a cliff hanger that makes you need to continue to watch.  Unbelievable character development!  It's an Australian TV Series, very well done!

Esteemed Contributor

I'll scan On Demand free movies every few days and have caught several that I missed in the theaters. 

I watch axs tv so often!  Music is my bliss, especially during these times. They show so many concerts, music related shows, etc on axs. I've seen many of them before, but I happily watch them again and again. Today was 'The Big Interview'  with Linda ROnstandt- and at noon today  is RIngo Starr's All Star Band concert! 

Youtube has  been streaming Broadway Shows- I've watched many! 'Springsteen on Broadway' on Netflix was terrific. 

I'm getting in as much of all the type events I would attend  that have been either cancelled or postponed! 

Honored Contributor

A thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Respected Contributor

If you like history and reality docuseries and you have a remote you can speak into..,say "Victorian Farmhouse " and also "Edwardian Farmhouse". To see if they come up on Tubi?

Delightful series available on Tubi, which is totally free. I didn't even I had access to Tubi.

I found these 9 yr old series by accident just by talk g into my Xfinity remote when I was looking to see of I could find these old PBS series 1900 House, Edwardian House, Frontier House, Iron Age.etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D  I also recommend Ozark. And since I haven't seen these mentioned:

The Kominsky Method (comedy mostly, Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin as old friends), half-hour episodes

23 Hours to Kill (Jerry Seinfeld stand up live last year), an hour

These stream on Netflix. 

Keepin' it real.