Respected Contributor

Re: I adore Jimmy Kimmel but

Before I tuned in I didn't know it had been filmed with no audience.  That's what made it so blah for me.  I turned it off when the second guy came because he just added to the blah.  Would have rather had his father in the chair lol

Esteemed Contributor

It probably won't do that well being it is on at 10 p.m. here on the east coast.

It is dumb with someone sitting behind the celebrity. I saw a commercial

Jimmy did with Regis. Looks like Regis is still around and well enough to

do a commercial. He is 88 years old.

Don't know if I will watch anymore of the shows. 

Honored Contributor

Too many 'theatrics' used to waste time for me.

Respected Contributor

Like it, so far.  Miss the daytime version, altho no one had won the million in years and years.

Honored Contributor

I would have more interest if I knew who the celebs were, last night I didnt know either of them. 

Honored Contributor

I watched it, I thought it was sort of boring. I felt Eric wasted his lifelines, he wasn't confident in his answers and thus wasted lifelines he could have used later. Also Jimmy made a joke this was the edited version, I don't have to see the contestants agonize over their answers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I know why gave up on the original network Millionaire years ago...and it was the same reason most viewers did, which saw ratings tank: increasing emphasis on "celebrities" and the requisite dumbing-down of questions.

Why in the world TPTB think that spending 45 minutes with a gum-flapping celebrity, and a host (I don't "adore" Jimmy Kimmel) fawning over his every unrelated-to-the-game word, is beyond me.

Not surprisingly, viewers were more interested in watching a fiddle-player from WV win a million, than celebrities. And that'll still be the case.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

They need to do something to pay the pool boy, gardener,  cook, manicurest, hair stylist ect.

They don't get the money.  Celebrities on game shows always play for charities.  And very often the shows (and the celebrities) end up contributing even more to the charity than the celebrity wins.  

Honored Contributor

I had it on and sort of watched from the kitchen because of Eric. 

Not a fan of Kimmel; I think Regis could have done a fine job!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Who "adores" Jimmy Kimmel??

"Pure Michigan"